Amore's Rabbit Ears? Good Info Today | The Boneyard

Amore's Rabbit Ears? Good Info Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He's got some more nuggets in today's Courant. It's at the bottom of the Enoch commits article.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...-men-basketball-0914-20140913,0,6908471.story

Return to Atlantis next year (2015). Teams are pulling $2M each for an appearance. Needless to say big money and great location means the tournament is now drawing great fields. Much easier for most teams and their fans to get to the Bahamas than it is to get to Hawaii.

Brimah is going full speed. No restrictions. Based off of what he did last year and his FT stroke, I think it's reasonable that by the time he leaves UConn he'll have a solid face up 15' jump shot. I think 8 points, 7 rebounds and 3 blocks is reasonable.

Reaction Score
Good stuff

"Daniel's a natural scorer, a natural-born scorer," Boatright said. "He can score in every aspect of the game — midrange, at the rim, he has a nice three-point shot. :eek:

Rak is a beast on the boards. Sam is a sophomore, but he's on the veteran side. His basketball IQ is extremely high, so he fits right in."

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Good stuff

"Daniel's a natural scorer, a natural-born scorer," Boatright said. "He can score in every aspect of the game — midrange, at the rim, he has a nice three-point shot. :eek:

Rak is a beast on the boards. Sam is a sophomore, but he's on the veteran side. His basketball IQ is extremely high, so he fits right in."

I will say this about Hamilton. Every report from every scouting service has similar evaluations of his game. Can score in space, on the move and from a spot up position. BUT.............................I really hope he knows how to play defense or he won't be seeing game time action. I have confidence in his desire to learn but his defensive abilities will control his playing time. It's a common growing pain for many freshmen. They need to learn how to play defense for an entire 35 second possession.

Reaction Score
best thing I'm reading is Boatright's leadership. Similar to Bazz's development in that regard.
Is there anyone better than Ollie for a PG to learn from in the college coaching ranks? He clearly had an impact on Shabazz, and is now doing the same for RB.

Reaction Score
best thing I'm reading is Boatright's leadership. Similar to Bazz's development in that regard.
Is there anyone better than Ollie for a PG to learn from in the college coaching ranks? He clearly had an impact on Shabazz, and is now doing the same for RB.

That's just called a legacy, from Ta;iek, to Marcus to Kemba, it continues through Boat, and then Samuals, and Adams.....

Reaction Score
Interesting regarding Atlantis in 2015. Syracuse and Gonzaga are already committed to the field.

Reaction Score
It seems absurd that UConn makes more money from going to the Bahamas for a few days than it does by showing all the football games, men's bball and women's bball games on TV. Absurd.

This stuff is starting to remind me of Boxing (from the 1980s) ...

WE have a Brand. People want to see us. The Conference constraints (like the Boxing WBA/WBC crap) seem to get in the way of the true dollars that can get to your bank account from pure eyeballs and ticket revenue. Our saving grace - with IMG - is that we are a growing vibrant Brand which comes from lots of TV time and Championships. We can succeed ... just be persistent and we will be in a good spot.

Reaction Score
I will say this about Hamilton. Every report from every scouting service has similar evaluations of his game. Can score in space, on the move and from a spot up position. BUT.........I really hope he knows how to play defense or he won't be seeing game time action. I have confidence in his desire to learn but his defensive abilities will control his playing time. It's a common growing pain for many freshmen. They need to learn how to play defense for an entire 35 second possession.
I wouldn't worry too much about Hamilton's potential defensive abilities. Remember, JC told both Ray & RIP that they couldn't guard a chair.
They both turned out pretty well. Hamilton's game is somewhat similar to those two.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Here's the full portion of the article dealing with Atlantis.

Two things. It doesn't make any mention of any other teams committed to the 2015 tourney, but that's probably available elsewhere. It would seem odd to have SU in Atlantis and still be looking to get them on the 2015-2016 schedule.

Also, it says "offering $2M for participants" which I initially read as per team. Might be $250K/team for a total payout of $2M.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...-men-basketball-0914-20140913,0,6908471.story

It's tentative, but the plan is for UConn to return to the Bahamas for the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament in November 2015, according to a college basketball source. The Huskies played there, in the ballroom, during Thanksgiving week in 2011, the inaugural Battle, and had a good experience — they lost to Central Florida but came back with an OT win over Florida State — so it's no surprise they would want to return. A school can return to a tournament after four years.
The Battle 4 Atlantis has become the most lucrative of the early-season tournaments, offering roughly $2 million for participants, so it has grown in stature. In 2014, Wisconsin, Florida, Georgetown, UCLA, Butler, Oklahoma, North Carolina and UAB are in the field.
UConn already has Ohio State and Texas on the nonconference schedule for 2015-16 and would like to add at least one more high-major school. Georgetown, Villanova and Syracuse are possibilities, but nothing is close.

Reaction Score
Is there anyone better than Ollie for a PG to learn from in the college coaching ranks?

Got to give Hobbs some props as well, perhaps to a lesser extent. Collegiately Hobbs was a good UConn point guard. The two of them will be churning them out for years to come.

Reaction Score
It seems absurd that UConn makes more money from going to the Bahamas for a few days than it does by showing all the football games, men's bball and women's bball games on TV. Absurd.
when you put it like that... let's just say that it suggests ESPN should be very happy to have Uconn Men's BB in the AAC.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This stuff is starting to remind me of Boxing (from the 1980s) ...

WE have a Brand. People want to see us. The Conference constraints (like the Boxing WBA/WBC crap) seem to get in the way of the true dollars that can get to your bank account from pure eyeballs and ticket revenue. Our saving grace - with IMG - is that we are a growing vibrant Brand which comes from lots of TV time and Championships. We can succeed ... just be persistent and we will be in a good spot.

Easy Pudge, another post like that and we'll be inundated with Waylon's "We should go independent" rant.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
A shot at cuse would be awesome

Reaction Score
Here's the full portion of the article dealing with Atlantis.

Two things. It doesn't make any mention of any other teams committed to the 2015 tourney, but that's probably available elsewhere. It would seem odd to have SU in Atlantis and still be looking to get them on the 2015-2016 schedule.

Also, it says "offering $2M for participants" which I initially read as per team. Might be $250K/team for a total payout of $2M.

It's tentative, but the plan is for UConn to return to the Bahamas for the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament in November 2015, according to a college basketball source. The Huskies played there, in the ballroom, during Thanksgiving week in 2011, the inaugural Battle, and had a good experience — they lost to Central Florida but came back with an OT win over Florida State — so it's no surprise they would want to return. A school can return to a tournament after four years.
The Battle 4 Atlantis has become the most lucrative of the early-season tournaments, offering roughly $2 million for participants, so it has grown in stature. In 2014, Wisconsin, Florida, Georgetown, UCLA, Butler, Oklahoma, North Carolina and UAB are in the field.
UConn already has Ohio State and Texas on the nonconference schedule for 2015-16 and would like to add at least one more high-major school. Georgetown, Villanova and Syracuse are possibilities, but nothing is close.

Boeheim said the Orange have more flexibility in scheduling in 2014-15, with a tournament in New York City instead of a three-game neutral site event like this November's Maui Invitational. Boeheim said the Orange are going to the Battle 4 Atlantis in Nassau, Bahamas, in November 2015.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ar-proposal-extend-college-basketball-rivalry

Reaction Score
So a potential UConn-Cuse matchup at the Battle for Atlantis in 2015? Sounds good to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom