Amore | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Amore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I miss Desmond Conner's coverage - although my clouded brain can't remember if he was the beat writer or a columnist.

Reaction Score
I miss Desmond Conner's coverage - although my clouded brain can't remember if he was the beat writer or a columnist.

I was covering the team when Desmond was around. He mainly wrote feature articles/columns. Good writer and a good guy too.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was covering the team when Desmond was around. He mainly wrote feature articles/columns. Good writer and a good guy too.

That's when every other thing Dez wrote was about Rutgers or BCU. And he couldn't understand the lack of love from the Yard.

Reaction Score
Not to pile on but in Amore's article today he has:

UConn begins the tournament against UNC-Asheville on Thursday at 7 p.m. (WTIC-AM, no TV).

This after Borges of the Register wrote that the game is on HDNet and it was all over this board yesterday (http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2011/11/uconn-game-on-hdnet.html).

I don't think Amore pays as much attention to things pertaining to the team as other beat writers do. I wonder why they put him on the Huskies beat when it doesn't seem like he really wanted to? I bet most of the sports writers in CT would be tickled pink to cover the UConn men's basketball team.

Reaction Score

Is your username a reference to the Rolling Rock bottles? I'm probably going out on a limb but that would be awesome if it was haha

Reaction Score
Yes - Rolling Rocks have been considered a sacred brew for the mojo around here since 1999, along with other things that we've picked up along the way, such as rigged, er, fair trials to hang people for mojo offenses (starting with Dogfather picking Duke to win the 99 championship because he thought it gave him the best chance to win a pizza), saying we're "Doooooooomed", pictures of a fat androgenous Oklahoma fan, some sort of bloodied, white stuff animal, Shoo-Shoo Orange Flu, and last year's classic repitition of "WINNING", which succeeded in bringing us a national championship and driving the women's board fans bonkers (a classic win-win). Some were more successful than others. Shoo Shoo Orange Flu, for example, succeeded in getting Syracuse eliminated, but didn't do much for UConn.

Reaction Score
Is your username a reference to the Rolling Rock bottles? I'm probably going out on a limb but that would be awesome if it was haha
No. He came up with that because of Denham Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom