Amore talks w/ Lasan Kromah | The Boneyard

Amore talks w/ Lasan Kromah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is a kid who is a real nice addition and we can only hope because he is more gifted than a RJ Evans that he doesn't hurt the chemistry. He will not do that purposely I am sure I am thinking along the lines of the minutes he can consume if indeed he becomes a pretty solid player on both ends.........They could play smaller a lot with a guy like this as well as Giffey to create match up problems if he comes as advertised. More Nolan or Facey in the middle and besides one of Bazz/Boat maybe Omar, DD, Kromah type deal..............just an added weapon but seemingly a good one!

Reaction Score
Minutes can be determined by early foul trouble in any game. Also will help on D against bigger guards. Like his confidence. Should be an excellent addition. Also will really help in practice. Bazz and Boat will be going up against much bigger guards in Samuels, Purris and Kromah.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
As long as he practices hard, listens to the coaches, sets a positive example on and off the court, and busts his tail when he gets minutes, I'm happy.

I don't have any over/under expectation for scoring or rebounding. I do expect him to raise the level of competition and push the other players to conitnuously improve.

D

Deleted member 3149

IMO, KO looked to Shabazz, and said "what do we need to win a title". My guess is that shabazz would like a little more help so he can rest at times when needed. To have an experienced guard like Lasan come in is perfect, and it seems like he's exactly what we need to piece together a complete team. (Though a dominant 7 foot center wouldn't hurt)

Reaction Score
This is a kid who is a real nice addition and we can only hope because he is more gifted than a RJ Evans that he doesn't hurt the chemistry. He will not do that purposely I am sure I am thinking along the lines of the minutes he can consume if indeed he becomes a pretty solid player on both ends.........They could play smaller a lot with a guy like this as well as Giffey to create match up problems if he comes as advertised. More Nolan or Facey in the middle and besides one of Bazz/Boat maybe Omar, DD, Kromah type deal..............just an added weapon but seemingly a good one!

I think that he can defer based on his senior year experience-coming off the bench. It took a special person to go from being a starter to recognizing that the team needed him more as a spark plug/sixth man. To me, that's a sign of maturity. So as far as floor chemistry, as long as he doesn't try to do too much, it should be okay. But you present a great question.

Reaction Score
Hey, in time, we'll also be know as a team with a long list of one-and-dones! ;)

Reaction Score
I was luke-warm on this acquisition initially, but the more I think about it, the more I like it. Ryan Boatright is a 5'10 two guard - the majority of the time, he's able to negate his major size dis-advantage with other-worldly athleticism and above average skillset, but there are going to be games when UConn's going to need to combat size with size on the perimeter, and this gives us the flexibility to do just that. I have no doubt the identity of next years team is going to be small ball, but that doesn't mean we aren't going to be forced to adjust and go big at times, too. A potential Napier-Kromah-Giffey-Daniels-Nolan/Facey lineup would be deadly defensively, and likely sport just enough scoring to at least split even in short bursts against quality competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom