Amore on Gilbert | The Boneyard

Amore on Gilbert

Reaction Score
Alterique Gilbert update from Dan Hurley, via UConn: “This was a good week for him. He got more reps in practice. He’s had no setbacks. He’s done well. We’re happy with him. We’ll see how he feels tomorrow and at shootaround, but he’s feeling better, much more confident.”

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
1550704263044.gif

Is he going to play or what?!

Reaction Score
I feel like this has been the narrative for weeks. I keep getting my hopes up and then he doesn't play. Hoping for the best though, he'd be huge for us the rest of the year.

Reaction Score
I feel like this has been the narrative for weeks. I keep getting my hopes up and then he doesn't play. Hoping for the best though, he'd be huge for us the rest of the year.
Difference is he has been practicing the last week, going live. Not just not shooting off to the side or warming up before a game.

Reaction Score
Would be nice to know if it's a common sprain or if it's associated with the surgical work. Either way, just hope he's ok and the long-term prog is positive

Reaction Score
I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I see these threads. I think this team needs to try to move forward with the guys they have that are physically able and forget about the rest. They seem to be playing quite well together with what they have. If the injured can play fine, but I wouldn't count of them.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The eternal optimist in me is becoming increasingly skeptical, maybe I'm punch drunk, IDK

But it wouldn't surprise me if Adams came back before Gilbert, my faith has been taken from me. I even hate saying it, but it is what it is

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I see these threads. I think this team needs to try to move forward with the guys they have that are physically able and forget about the rest. They seem to be playing quite well together with what they have. If the injured can play fine, but I wouldn't count of them.

Hurley has continuously ignored your cries to “forget about [Gilbert]” ever since the preseason. It doesn’t look like that is changing anytime soon.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Adams is at best two weeks away from coming back. Gilbert is expected back tonight.

Scratching my head how this particular thread was the tipping point for irrationally pushing him off the eternal optimist perch.

Reaction Score
Who knew a freaking screen would put him out of action?

He can't fall on the floor, scramble for loose balls, drive hard to the rim, or do anything physical that will end his season. Sure he'll go at it hard, but damn it seems to be a fragile situation. Unfortunately this may be how his career may go here. Feel bad for the kid cuz basketball is a contact sport.

As fans we'll have to just hold our breaths game in and game out.

Reaction Score
I understand completely about Gilbert but if he does play tonight and he gets hurt again then he’s done for the season and he has 9 months to recover. If he can’t recover after 9 monthsthen he never was going to be able to perform for us anyways - hate to say but it’s true. We have nothing to lose. We need him back on court tonight if only for 10 mins. it’s all about building for the future but we need w’s. I say play Gilbert regardless let the chips fall where they may - at this point what does it matter really?

Reaction Score
Least we see Gilbert for 10 mins. First piece of good news since..... I don’t kno when

Reaction Score
Would be great to see Alterique go out and play a great game off the bench tonight, get the blood flowing again and play solid D/make a couple shots.

Reaction Score
The eternal optimist in me is becoming increasingly skeptical, maybe I'm punch drunk, IDK

But it wouldn't surprise me if Adams came back before Gilbert, my faith has been taken from me. I even hate saying it, but it is what it is
@oldtakesexposed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom