Amore: Kevin Ollie Wants To 'Outlast The Rest' When It Comes To Recruiting | The Boneyard

Amore: Kevin Ollie Wants To 'Outlast The Rest' When It Comes To Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Its nice to be young, successful, energetic, determined, persistent, confident and have 10 toes in at all times. Our Coach!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Alright nail me, but when Ollie talked about closers all I could think of was Cuse and Laurie Fine! I've been on this board too long.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Alright nail me, but when Ollie talked about closers all I could think of was Cuse and Laurie Fine! I've been on this board too long.
She's more like an "opener". Legs and mouth. :rolleyes:

Yep, been on here too long.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

I read that too quickly and thought you were asking for Lauie to nail you....

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I read that too quickly and thought you were asking for Lauie to nail you....
I was hoping someone would catch that phrase. But Laurie, heck no. And out of respect for our coach I won't say who I was thinking.:) And there is a warped part of me that does have some fantasy for SH. But I have hundreds more fantasies a head of her.:)

Reaction Score
She's more like an "opener". Legs and mouth. :rolleyes:

Yep, been on here too long.

judge-judy-laptop.gif

Reaction Score
Ollie was recruited for us by Howie D. whose motto was "if you're snoozing you're losing" , !!!!! Kevin just replicating!!!​

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It did occur to me though, that if Ward Manuel was quoted at a golf outing about out working everyone else, some would ask why the hell he was at a golf tournament. Go get 'em KO.

Reaction Score
It did occur to me though, that if Ward Manuel was quoted at a golf outing about out working everyone else, some would ask why the hell he was at a golf tournament. Go get 'em KO.

Be nice, the golf course is the best place to work. Its hard enough to work the ball in the direction and distance you want, let alone accomplish a low score. I would be more concerned if he were at some business conference which are for leisure.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Be nice, the golf course is the best place to work. Its hard enough to work the ball in the direction and distance you want, let alone accomplish a low score. I would be more concerned if he were at some business conference which are for leisure.

You mean a golf ball is supposed to go a particular direction and distance? I'll have to try that. A good pencil is very important to keeping a low score. BTW, is it true that KO's caddie was some 7'2" kid?

Reaction Score
ADWM always seems to be "hard at work" on the golf course, at some Carribean island , the donut shop, the diner etc. everywhere except where he should be, the office.

JMO, but this guy has been a DISASTER ZONE so far.

Jurcih from Louisville wiped the floor with this guy on the eve of the last ACC expansion.

Reaction Score
ADWM always seems to be "hard at work" on the golf course, at some Carribean island , the donut shop, the diner etc. everywhere except where he should be, the office.

JMO, but this guy has been a DISASTER ZONE so far.

Jurcih from Louisville wiped the floor with this guy on the eve of the last ACC expansion.

Jurich had a small advantage. FSU had a hissy fit about northern schools. Short of moving the UConn campus to Savannah, Ga., there was nothing to change that situation. Louisville could have had Bozo the Clown as the AD and the result would have been the same.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Jurich had a small advantage. FSU had a hissy fit about northern schools. Short of moving the UConn campus to Savannah, Ga., there was nothing to change that situation. Louisville could have had Bozo the Clown as the AD and the result would have been the same.

Agreed. Had, in fact, Warde been Louisville’s AD and not UConn’s, the result would have been the same….

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Agreed. Had, in fact, Warde been Louisville’s AD and not UConn’s, the result would have been the same….
Agreed. And a lot of decisions have been made recently that should have been made six-eight years ago. I'm not sure if they are SH or WM or a collaboration of the two but they are definitely pushing the university in the correct direction.
Included are the push for hiring more faculty, more research, getting the bb practice facility going, creating an outreach to the Fairfield and NYC area, growing the endowment, pumping up the out of conference schedules for the three primary sports, rebranding, fixing the relationship with JC and hiring KO. Some of these things were started prior to this group but they are making sure to get exposure and putting things on the fast track.

C

Chief00

We weren't in the room but I just don't buy that our fate was sealed. Every indication was we were the front runner until we got both outwork and out maneuver that last couple weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom