amore: calhoun's new job-- show me the money | The Boneyard

amore: calhoun's new job-- show me the money

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Husk-E

I don't really see what's wrong with him asking the NBA stars for help. They millions of dollars, more money than they know what to do with, and most of them owe it to UConn. I think they definitely be donating, they should be thankful.

Reaction Score
its always easy to spend other peoples money for them.

the idea these guys 'have more money than they know what to do with' is absurd. how do you know what their aspirations are after sports, how many family members they support, how many other charities they are a part of, how much debt they have, etc etc.

i'm sure all these guys have been pitched the idea of donating towards the facility, i'm sure some may be willing to do so. but by no means should we 'expect' these guys to donate their money.

Reaction Score

the idea these guys 'have more money than they know what to do with' is absurd. how do you know what their aspirations are after sports, how many family members they support, how many other charities they are a part of, how much debt they have, etc etc.

i'm sure all these guys have been pitched the idea of donating towards the facility, i'm sure some may be willing to do so. but by no means should we 'expect' these guys to donate their money.

I agree.

H

Husk-E

I probably came on a little too strong, i agree. Thanks for showing me both sides of the spectrum, and I agree with what you are saying, but if you made 60 times your annual income this year I would hope you could still put in a decent hunk of cash couldn't you? But I understand what you are saying.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I thought calhoun said he would not hit up nba stars...
He said that he wouldn't ask them to fund the facility but once we were close to having raised the necessary funds he would ask them to help finish the job.

This was basically due to his believe that JH was just sitting around waiting for the NBA husky alumni to pay for the entire facility instead of actually (doing his job) trying to raise some funds himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom