Amira Brimah | The Boneyard

Amira Brimah

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3149

is an absolute machine. He needs to polish up his rebounding awareness and fouling tendencies, but outside of that, he's statistically one of the best bigs in America. We are extremely lucky to have this kid, not to mention the fact that he's only a sophomore and is continuing to develop day by day.

Currently:

FG% - .717 (1st in NCAA D1)
Blocks- 3.2 (T-3rd in NCAA D1)

Brimah has a legitimate shot at leading the country in FG% and blocks this year. Not bad for, I repeat, a sophomore. Very bright future we have ahead of us. Not to mention, he has national title experience and his partner in crime, D-Ham, is only a freshman.

Reaction Score
big fan. he has made serious improvements going into his sophomore year. You can his work ethic/being named captain wasn't a joke, he really has great drive. The 21 year old is still new to the game as well so i wont be surprised if this trajectory stays the same. Reminds me of brandon wright, less smooth/polished footwork but better defensively.

Reaction Score
is an absolute machine. He needs to polish up his rebounding awareness and fouling tendencies, but outside of that, he's statistically one of the best bigs in America. We are extremely lucky to have this kid, not to mention the fact that he's only a sophomore and is continuing to develop day by day.

Currently:

FG% - .717 (1st in NCAA D1)
Blocks- 3.2 (T-3rd in NCAA D1)

Brimah has a legitimate shot at leading the country in FG% and blocks this year. Not bad for, I repeat, a sophomore. Very bright future we have ahead of us. Not to mention, he has national title experience and his partner in crime, D-Ham, is only a freshman.

All good but stats can be deceiving - he has a LONG way to go but the good thing is, he's OURS!

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
When I saw the title, I was hoping Amida had a sharpshooting brother we were recruiting.

No but he has 3 sisters, one of whom I believe is his fraternal twin.

Reaction Score
Brimah has beens shot blocking machine and his upside is huge and I am a big fan but.......his performance against higher quality and most competitive opponents seems less and his point stats are padded by Hamilton's alleys that are on a silver platter. He gets credit for them of course but he is not creating his own offense, so that is an area that weight and footwork will address. His 4 th foul the other day was ridiculous when he was pushed out of bounds almost. The 5th was also crazy. I don't know how he avoids all of these, the refs almost call him for breathing.

Reaction Score
Generally speaking, you want your center to 1) rebound, 2) block/alter shots, and 3) make shots at the rim. Brimah is excellent in two of those categories, and poor in the other. Part of the reason his rebounding totals are low is because he tries to block everything on defense, but he's still a poor rebounder for someone of his size. As he continues to put on some weight, I think he'll improve in all three areas. He still has a long way to go, but he can be a great two-way center for us.

Reaction Score
Generally speaking, you want your center to 1) rebound, 2) block/alter shots, and 3) make shots at the rim. Brimah is excellent in two of those categories, and poor in the other. Part of the reason his rebounding totals are low is because he tries to block everything on defense, but he's still a poor rebounder for someone of his size. As he continues to put on some weight, I think he'll improve in all three areas. He still has a long way to go, but he can be a great two-way center for us.

We can only defend his inability to rebound with shot blocking for so long. Just watch when he has 2 hands on a rebound in traffic and others are reaching or getting physical, very rarely wins the battle. He needs to start winning those in order to be really good. He's never "jumping" when he gets a rebound or misses them, he's always flat footed. Needs to get more explosive and want rebounds.

Reaction Score
It's easy to point out his inability to rebound and lackluster performances in big games this year, however, disregarding Brimah's progress from last year to this year is insane. The dude literally couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time last year, fouled out almost immediately in all games (still fouls a lot, but has improved), couldn't catch the ball, had no low post moves and had little to no jump shot.

This year, though, Brimah can hit from 12-15 ft as we have seen, has a few low post moves (not many), has MUCH better hands, and most importantly has grown to be a great leader for this team. Give him an offseason of lifting, and not recovery, as he had last summer due to shoulder surgery, and this mans progress will continue to skyrocket.

Reaction Score
It's easy to point out his inability to rebound and lackluster performances in big games this year, however, disregarding Brimah's progress from last year to this year is insane. The dude literally couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time last year, fouled out almost immediately in all games (still fouls a lot, but has improved), couldn't catch the ball, had no low post moves and had little to no jump shot.

This year, though, Brimah can hit from 12-15 ft as we have seen, has a few low post moves (not many), has MUCH better hands, and most importantly has grown to be a great leader for this team. Give him an offseason of lifting, and not recovery, as he had last summer due to shoulder surgery, and this mans progress will continue to skyrocket.

No doubt and recovery last year hurt. But it doesn't hurt the brain and if that doesn't catch up it will be short of skyrocketing. It will still be good, maybe really good but that ceiling will never be in sight. That remains to be the biggest question yet to be answered. We can hope though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom