OT: Amida Brimah signs with the Mets!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
LFGM!

s133758760851116739_p13_i1_w1797.jpeg

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Gotta wonder what a good big man coach could’ve done with him.

He was about a shade better when he left than he was at the of his freshman year. A shame.

I’ll always remember him for arguably the most important and-1 in program history and beating up on Coppin State like they were a bunch of grade school kids.

Reaction Score
Best wishes to Amida, now Chief has another reason to visit friends there this winter.
To @nomar point, so much of Amida’s offense came off lob passes from D Hamilton. DHam leaving early hurt.

Reaction Score
I read the thread title and said to myself, “I didn’t even know he was a baseball player too?”

Reaction Score
Always loved Brimah. Happy for the fellow. And, after juat finishing Clickbait tonight, looks like the threat title followed suit. :)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I've long wondered whether it would be worth it for an NFL team to sign somebody like Brimah to block kicks. At the very least it would have the kicker thinking too much.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Best wishes to Amida, now Chief has another reason to visit friends there this winter.
To @nomar point, so much of Amida’s offense came off lob passes from D Hamilton. DHam leaving early hurt.

Absolutely true. They had great chemistry.

But to my point, (a) he never diversified his offense beyond dunks and (b) DHam's presence/absence had no impact on his inability to improve at rebounding.

Reaction Score

But to my point, (a) he never diversified his offense beyond dunks and (b) DHam's presence/absence had no impact on his inability to improve at rebounding.
I'll never forget that huge game he had and how DHam and him were so in-tune. I thought it would be like that all season. Sadly, it was that one game. I don't know why they weren't able to continue it.

Reaction Score

Agree, he never really develop the lower core and leg strength to position for rebounds. Additionally, he didn’t have rebounding instincts.
He was pretty one dimensional after his lob partner left - shot blocking. That’s not going to make for much of an NBA career. George Blaney leaving after KO’s first year did not help either. GM was a pretend Bigs coach.

Reaction Score
I've long wondered whether it would be worth it for an NFL team to sign somebody like Brimah to block kicks. At the very least it would have the kicker thinking too much.
Interesting, but they would need some big bodies around him for protection.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom