Amida Brimah Signs Two Way Deal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Amida Brimah Signs Two Way Deal

Reaction Score
Turner is out
Sabonis is out
Goga Bitadze is out (this is the guy in the famous rookie season Zion picture where all the reporters were at Zions table and none were at Gogas)

lots of PT for Brimah available

Reaction Score
DNP-CD tonight. The Pacers, who normally start two traditional bigs in Sabonis and Turner, are playing insanely small right now, even against a big team like Detroit. Pacer frontline tonight was Oshae Brissett (Cuse PF, recently signed) and Jakarr Sampson, both of whom are listed at 6'7". Biggest dude off the bench was Doug McDermott.

You would think Brimah is bound to make an appearance at some point with no real centers available right now.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Awesome news! Pacers starting center Myles Turner is likely out for the rest of the year so the team needed depth at that position. Could get real minutes for sure.
Amida deserves it. This is great news!!

Reaction Score
Tuned in to catch a nice block from Brimah in garbage time. Couple missteps as well, but really great to see one of our alums make his NBA debut. Dude worked really hard to get here. Happy for him!

Reaction Score
“I’m extremely proud and excited for him. He was probably one of the top two or three hardest workers I’ve ever coached in my life, so I’m not surprised at all that he’s gotten to where he’s gotten to,” said Juan Hernandez, Brimah’s coach at Archbishop Coleman Carroll High in Miami. “I think it obviously took him a little bit longer than he thought and than everyone else thought, but now that he’s there I think he’s going to make the best of the opportunity. He’s a tremendous kid and I wish him nothing but the best.”

“He’s definitely the most driven player that I’ve ever coached as far as his goals and his focus,” said Hernandez. “When he came over here from Africa, he only had one thing on his mind. He was going to reach his goals, one way or the other, whether it took five years or 10 years. He’s extremely, extremely driven, so this doesn’t surprise me one bit. At no point would I ever think that he would give up the game or anything like that just because it was taking long.”

Free access article:

Reaction Score
He looks like he's put on some muscle. If consistently gets a few points, rebounds and blocks per game, I think he sticks for awhile. I'm rooting for him.

Reaction Score
He was as hard a working Big as we ever had a great kid who always .
seemed to love what he was doing. Very athletic but limited basketball background. He was very raw when he came here the proverbial diamond in the rough.
Coming from not even being rated to winning a NC, to the NBA is a great story.
He had weaknesses which he had apparently improved on.
but I could never understand the nay sayers saying he will never play in the NBA . Like hard working ,athletic , shot blocking 6’11 guys are a dime a dozen . Strength and less than great hands due to limited BB experience are areas you can improve on with work and practice and the guy is a worker.
I hope he sticks he deserves it.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Is there anything better than seeing someone genuinely smile ear to ear and it making you feel a lot happier inside too?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom