Amida Brimah interview(Adidas Nation) | The Boneyard

Amida Brimah interview(Adidas Nation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Love Brimah and he seems really intelligent too. Getting a full healthy summer to do work in the weight room and go full strength on court is going to be huge. Same goes for Rodney. I'm not worried about where bloggers rank this team, I just want us healthy!

Reaction Score
This kid has only been playing for 5 years. When you consider he goes against guys who have played for 10 or 15 years, it's amazing how far he has come. I think a lot of people on this board - me included - have been hard on him because of his tendency to get lost on D, go for b@d blocks [there is an auto-delete for @d block? Really Tom?], and give up position.
But for me, he's already in the Donny, Kemba, Dyson, Kromah, Ricky, Lyman, Gwyn, Sellers category of "guys who came to UConn, gave us everything they had and didn't take a play off while they were here" category of "how can you not love them?"

Reaction Score
This kid has only been playing for 5 years. When you consider he goes against guys who have played for 10 or 15 years, it's amazing how far he has come. I think a lot of people on this board - me included - have been hard on him because of his tendency to get lost on D, go for b@d blocks [there is an auto-delete for @d block? Really Tom?], and give up position.
But for me, he's already in the Donny, Kemba, Dyson, Kromah, Ricky, Lyman, Gwyn, Sellers category of "guys who came to UConn, gave us everything they had and didn't take a play off while they were here" category of "how can you not love them?"

Well put.

There are a plethora of Huskies you can add to that list too, btw;)

Reaction Score
Love Brimah and he seems really intelligent too. Getting a full healthy summer to do work in the weight room and go full strength on court is going to be huge. Same goes for Rodney. I'm not worried about where bloggers rank this team, I just want us healthy!

Not to turn this into a RP thread, but I like how you mentioned him here. I feel we will see a RP who is improved from the way he ended the season. He sat out a full year, got injured early last season, and ended the season on a high note. So excited for the season to start!

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
He needs to get to about 250 to have enough strength to hold his own down low. He is a good shot blocker but he gets into foul trouble almost every game. With his length he doesn't need to try and block every shot and just put hands straight up and maybe that will help with the foul trouble.

Reaction Score
I want your goal also to rebound better Amida! Anyway he has gotten better each year, so we can expect an improved Brimah this season.

Reaction Score
He needs to get to about 250 to have enough strength to hold his own down low. He is a good shot blocker but he gets into foul trouble almost every game. With his length he doesn't need to try and block every shot and just put hands straight up and maybe that will help with the foul trouble.

Relentless

Reaction Score

He doesn't need to be 250 pounds to hold his own at all. "Holding his own" with his added strength will be easy as long as he starts getting himself ready to do so. Just timing and understanding now and he'll be able to hold his own with anyone, being smart will go a long way.

Reaction Score
Also, keep in mind that this interview was done in what, early August, late July? It's not out of the realm of possibility that he gains at least 5 more pounds by the start of the season and get up in the 240 lbs range. Regardless, it's awesome to see that he's improving and we couldn't ask for a better kid to play in Storrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom