Amida Brimah in Spurs Training Camp | The Boneyard

Amida Brimah in Spurs Training Camp

Reaction Score
I think he's gonna have to hope for a Pau Gasol injury to make the squad right? They have quite a few tall men on that roster

Reaction Score
Would be nice if Tim showed up for a few practices.

Reaction Score
I think he's gonna have to hope for a Pau Gasol injury to make the squad right? They have quite a few tall men on that roster
He has to beat out Costello and Bertans to make it I'd think. They'll probably keep at least 4 bigs. Gasol, Aldridge, Lauvergne, and one more. That is unless they would pick up a guy cut from another team or if Larry Sanders finally decides he wants to come play for the Spurs

Reaction Score
This is a good training camp situation for Amida. Joining the Spurs organization would be great for his development. Learning from their trainers, coaches & veteran players are just what Amida needs & Austin, TX is close enough for the Spurs to keep an eye on his development. The Spurs lost Duane Dedman to Free Agency & he's someone hopefully Amida can develop into.

Reaction Score
Spurs Sign Amida Brimah

Terms of Brimah’s deal aren’t known, but it figures to be a non-guaranteed summer contract. He’s a long shot to make the Spurs’ regular season roster, but should be a good bet to end up with the Austin Spurs, San Antonio’s G League squad, as an affiliate player.

Awesome, I think it would be huge for him to end up on the G league roster. Pau will get injured...

Reaction Score
He will play developmental league OK and I wish Amida nothing but the best, and I admittedly have limited knowledge of what is needed to go play in the NBA, but based on what we saw how does he play in the league? Will he be knocked to the floor on every play?

Reaction Score
Correct me if I'm wrong, 15 players + 2 potential 2-way contracts? Seems like a possibility that he can make it. He just needs to beat out 2 players.

Reaction Score
Correct me if I'm wrong, 15 players + 2 potential 2-way contracts? Seems like a possibility that he can make it. He just needs to beat out 2 players.
So turns out they already have 15 guaranteed contracts and Hilliard filled one of the 2-way spots. So unless they cut someone and eat that money, Brimah won't be on the full-time roster. Will likely compete with Perrantes and Costello for the other 2-way spot.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
One of the best front offices and franchises to spend your time grinding for an NBA gig. The Spurs actually put a great deal of effort and resources in their G-league roster and are not afraid at all to call up their guys to join the main roster.

Reaction Score
Maybe by dedicating his full time to basketball and training he will really improve. I have no basis for my next statement but; I always felt that while AB was a hard worker, he didn't spend enough time working on his game. Especially for someone who picked up the sport later in his life. Anyway I hope he makes it. I'm rooting for him

Reaction Score
So one of the best front offices in the NBA thinks Amida has enough potential to be worth a summer contract and probably a G League deal. Amazing, since a good portion of this board didn't think he was good enough to be on the floor in Division 1. But hell, what does (Sam Presti) R.C. Buford know?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So one of the best front offices in the NBA thinks Amida has enough potential to be worth a summer contract and probably a G League deal. Amazing, since a good portion of this board didn't think he was good enough to be on the floor in Division 1. But hell, what does Sam Presti know?

Sam Presti does not work for the Spurs

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
So one of the best front offices in the NBA thinks Amida has enough potential to be worth a summer contract and probably a G League deal. Amazing, since a good portion of this board didn't think he was good enough to be on the floor in Division 1. But hell, what does Sam Presti know?

That he works for Oklahoma City?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom