Amida and Weight room | The Boneyard

Amida and Weight room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
http://m.ctpost.com/uconn/article/Brimah-s-big-night-brings-UConn-all-around-5135272.php
Sometimes people ask me what do our bigs have to do to get to the next level. Maybe they expect an ax 's and O's answer but with this group I say weight room, weight room, weight room. Until they get a certain threshold of strength not much else's matters.
Good to see Amida is on the right path.
Great to see the work that all the bigs are putting in. The piece they did during the UCF game on Glenn Miller working with Facey using an odd shaped rubber ball which imitated wierd entry passes was interesting. It also got me to thinking about Brimah 's athletic experience with soccer, not basketball. Of course he is much more experienced at defending the goal and swatting away balls than he is at catching them. After UCF though it appears he is a quick learner. It was also good to see the baseline alley oop back. We hadn't seen that yet this year.

Reaction Score
Amida needs to be throwing down like 5000 calories a day like an offensive lineman. If he can get some strength/weight behind him, he will be able to anchor against those thick 6'8 guys. Once he can do that, he will be a much more complete defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom