Americup Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Americup Thread

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Brazil won by 75 points.

Cardoso had 16 points, 12 rebounds, 3 blocks, and 2 assists in 18 minutes.

Reaction Score
Amari IS 6' 5" and Dorka IS 6' 5" see UCONN ROSTER . Amari = Dorka .
The old report had DORKA as 6' 4". so we'll have to see them next to each
other ( the old problem of who puts their hair up higher on their head!!)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Amari IS 6' 5" and Dorka IS 6' 5" see UCONN ROSTER . Amari = Dorka .
The old report had DORKA as 6' 4". so we'll have to see them next to each
other ( the old problem of who puts their hair up higher on their head!!)
:eek: The UCONN ROSTER? I'm not sure why I didn't think of that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It does not look like it. I looked up the roster, and it lists the "finalists". 13 players, but no one from UCONN. Does the team have 13 players, or 12? Does 1 need to be cut still? I'm guessing the UCONN players who were eligible opted to do other things this summer...

Grace Berger
Aliyah Boston
Jakia Brown-Turner
Veronica Burton
Elissa Cunane
Destanni Henderson
Nazahrah Hillmon
Rhyne Howard
Haley Jones
Diamond Miller
Ashley Owusu
Sedona Prince
NaLyssa Smith
With Paige injured and Edwards, Dorka and Muhl from different lands, who would a UConn player replace on that roster?

Reaction Score
I’m not seeing it on DAZN.
Are you based in Canada? If not, you may have to go through ESPN+.

If you are in Canada, it could be the lay out as to how DAZN lists the games. It's not obvious as they're promoting other events. I used the Schedule view to locate Saturday's games.

Reaction Score
Now this is what I like to see. Had a nice 3-pointer too. I know UCONN fans are used to seeing her in the post/block, but it was nice to see her play this way again. I'm more used to seeing her more on the outside.

1623594017530.png

Reaction Score
Now this is what I like to see. Had a nice 3-pointer too. I know UCONN fans are used to seeing her in the post/block, but it was nice to see her play this way again. I'm more used to seeing her more on the outside.

View attachment 67980
How does one have -80 blocks?
that sounds like a Geno stat “her defense was so bad she didn’t block their shots she helped them go in.”

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Argentina had another positive virus test so who knows if they can play out the tournament at this point.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Argentina had another positive virus test so who knows if they can play out the tournament at this point.
I guess Vaccination Levels are not what we hope they would be.

Reaction Score
FIBA.basketball

Some of the full match videos are on the fiba website under the video section. E.g. USA vs. Puerto Rico and Canada vs. US Virgin islands.

Reaction Score
Here are the highlights from Saturday's game. I could not find any source for a live stream. Perhaps we will have to settle for completed games to be posted on youtube. :( 2021 FIBA AmeriCup Schedule

Here's a recap of today's USA game against the Dominican Republic.

Live streams are through paid services like ESPN+ (US), DAZN (Canada) and Live Basketball (Europe/International). I've noticed that FIBA will sell the rights to some of these qualifier events. Will they add them to their YouTube channel eventually? I'd hope so.

Reaction Score
I guess Vaccination Levels are not what we hope they would be.
Vaccines have been generally available for long enough in the United States that we tend to forget where other countries are in the process.

With news that two players in Spain's national team tested positive, some of the women's basketball fans there were annoyed as apparently their men's national soccer team jumped the vaccine priority list to make sure that they would be available. Some parts of Spain are giving vaccines to younger adults, but the country as a whole is working on getting to people in their 50s and then the people in their 40s. When Myisha Hines-Allen and Napheesa flew back to get their vaccines from their WNBA teams, France was still only generally open for people in their 60s.

Meanwhile, Victoria, a state of 6+ million in Australia is in the middle of a multi-week shutdown of activities that includes all basketball due to a number of cases that any grouping of 6 million people in the United States would think is a very low number of new cases.

Back to this tournament, it is not clear when the latest a decision on Argentina being able to play could be made. Presumably, if they can play tomorrow, they will with their remaining players and then make up the last game on Wednesday.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Vaccines have been generally available for long enough in the United States that we tend to forget where other countries are in the process.

With news that two players in Spain's national team tested positive, some of the women's basketball fans there were annoyed as apparently their men's national soccer team jumped the vaccine priority list to make sure that they would be available. Some parts of Spain are giving vaccines to younger adults, but the country as a whole is working on getting to people in their 50s and then the people in their 40s. When Myisha Hines-Allen and Napheesa flew back to get their vaccines from their WNBA teams, France was still only generally open for people in their 60s.

Meanwhile, Victoria, a state of 6+ million in Australia is in the middle of a multi-week shutdown of activities that includes all basketball due to a number of cases that any grouping of 6 million people in the United States would think is a very low number of new cases.

Back to this tournament, it is not clear when the latest a decision on Argentina being able to play could be made. Presumably, if they can play tomorrow, they will with their remaining players and then make up the last game on Wednesday.
FYI, the percentage of vaccinated individuals, as measured by 1st doses, is currently as follows: US (53%), Spain (45%), Argentina (29%).

Reaction Score
The two coaches better find a way to have the Boston sisters in the game at the same time on Thursday.

Reaction Score
USA defeated USVI 97-46. Hillmon-Baker led the US with 17 pts, Berger and Cunane scored 13 pts each, and A. Boston scored 12. Alexis did play in the game but don't know if she and Aliyah were on the same floor at the same time...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom