American wbb: The house that Geno built | The Boneyard

American wbb: The house that Geno built

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"I try to go out and get team guys who are superstars instead of going out and recruiting superstars and trying to make a team out of them,'' he said. "Once you recruit team players, chemistry comes easy because the players came to win championships so they have already admitted, "I'm willing to give up a little bit of myself."

LINK

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Straight from the horse's mouth and such a very important point for those who question Geno's recruiting. I doubt it will silence them all yet the message is very clear

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting - great comments from Geno.

Reaction Score
From the article:
"I'm all in favor of paying athletes. I'm all in favor of them being employees. I'm also in favor of firing them if they're not any good."

Awesome!

HGN

Reaction Score
Thanks Pap for the Link.

As always , Geno has strong opinions. He is opinionated but that is what makes him such a good coach. He has mastered ways to coach from those same opinions.
For example , he feels that any player that has had a personal trainer is going to be all about themselves , a me , me , me syndrome. Geno gets them and coaches the me , me , me , out of them. And installs a we , we, we syndrome. A Team ideal. Even if it takes sitting down a superstar....I noted that Geno NEVER once said that the personal trainer didn't or never sharpens the skills of the player. He just said that the player may have a tendency to become all about themselves. That again is what make Geno so good at his trade. He takes that learned skill and turns the player into a Team oriented player......... A Husky .

A NCAA Champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger