American Sniper | Page 4 | The Boneyard

American Sniper

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
http://news.yahoo.com/Obama-cooper-push-media-help-better-vet-portrayal-203605352.html

Well, American Sniper just got the kiss of death for Republicans.

Reaction Score
Let's get to a different level ... As Kyle is praised as a hero.

His Wikipedia page states that he shot 30 "looters" near the Super Dome during Katrina.

What? We aren't hearing anything about this. That's 30 Michael Browns by a better shot.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Let's get to a different level ... As Kyle is praised as a hero.

His Wikipedia page states that he shot 30 "looters" near the Super Dome during Katrina.

What? We aren't hearing anything about this. That's 30 Michael Browns by a better shot.
There are a few stories of his that are rather doubtful. Personally, I think it has to do with his post traumatic stress, his drinking and his inability to resocialize back into his life. I kinda get the feeling he felt he needed to live up to or keep his legend alive. Even if it meant he exaggerated/lied.

Reaction Score
There are a few stories of his that are rather doubtful. Personally, I think it has to do with his post traumatic stress, his drinking and his inability to resocialize back into his life. I kinda get the feeling he felt he needed to live up to or keep his legend alive. Even if it meant he exaggerated/lied.

That does make sense.

But in this post - Ferguson period, I'm certain many are eyeballing his Wikipedia page. That's an incredible piece of fiction or non-fiction.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That does make sense.

But in this post - Ferguson period, I'm certain many are eyeballing his Wikipedia page. That's an incredible piece of fiction or non-fiction.
Actually having went back and read the Wiki article, it doesn't really say Kyle killed 30. In his words (which a reporter was relaying), he said there was a group of military that killed 30 looters. Not really even specific if he was including himself, though that can probably be assumed. Then another reported followed that up by interviewing 3 drunk guys, one of which said it was Kyle who killed 30 himself.

Again, probably more to do with drinking and creating/continuing the Legend. Either by Kyle or others.

Pretty doubtful it actually happened. Although stranger things have happened. I'm pretty sure the government does thing we don't know or want to know about.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom