American football in China | The Boneyard

American football in China

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This is a fun read about a fledgling American football league in China.

Even in China, Rutgers can't escape bad press...

Weezy was from Xi’an, in the north, but had come to Chongqing since his dad started working for the city’s light rail system. Hence the personal driver. He’d been enrolled at Rutgers as a freshman the previous year, but dropped out because, he told me, it was too dangerous. “I got robbed by a black dude and he put a gun right to my head,” he said in English. “I heard gunfire on the school bus. I was like so afraid I was gonna die some day.” That must have been a tough decision, dropping out, I said. Weezy disagreed. “My life or my diploma?” he said. “Because you only live once. YOLO.”

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
This can only mean one thing. UConn owns China too. Hey BiG....!!

Reaction Score
If we somehow find a Chinese kid that can play basketball or football and put him on the team, we can be the most popular team in China in no time. It will help with more applicants for the school as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Scary. But true.

You know PAC 12 is already going all out to promote themselves in China. I am pretty sure they already got games scheduled to play there. Many Chinese can afford to send kids to schools here now and schools all over are fighting to get these applicants. We are unique in that we got top athletic programs, which can only help our brand. I hope Susan is all over it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
FYI - GM sells more cars in China than they do in the USA.

Unfortunately, only about 3,500 of 'em were manufactured here.

Tariffs make it a bitch to import cars in China.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
image.jpg

FYI on a show I am currently watching, this West Virginian man named "Huckleberry" is searching for Bigfoot.

Can't make this stuff up.

Yup, it's the offseason.

Reaction Score
If we somehow find a Chinese kid that can play basketball or football and put him on the team, we can be the most popular team in China in no time. It will help with more applicants for the school as well.

No doubt. Former Husky Basketball players Nadav Henefeld and Doron Shefer have made UConn a big favorite in Israel. I was just there (before the Tournament) and UConn shirts, hats, etc were seen all over that country. I bet we're also a big hit right now in Germany as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom