American Awards | The Boneyard

American Awards

Reaction Score
Anyone know when the awards will be announced? Why does this conference wait so long? The P5's all do it at the same time and generate postseason excitement, but the AAC waits. Makes no sense.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Anyone know when the awards will be announced? Why does this conference wait so long? The P5's all do it at the same time and generate postseason excitement, but the AAC waits. Makes no sense.
The AAC does their awards ceremony, like every other conference, at the start of the conference tournament, which starts today. That insures that the players and coaches who earn the awards can actually be there to receive them, along with their coaches and teammates, as well as the press. The AAC awards come later than the other conferences because the AAC tournament starts later than other conference tournaments.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The tourney starts later than the others. Finish on Monday instead of Sunday. They don't have the teams arrive early (I imagine most of them fly in Thur night) so the kids miss less school.

Awards are usually in the morning. Games start in the afternoon.

Yea, what oldude said. :cool:

Reaction Score
The AAC does their awards ceremony, like every other conference, at the start of the conference tournament, which starts today. That insures that the players and coaches who earn the awards can actually be there to receive them, along with their coaches and teammates, as well as the press. The AAC awards come later than the other conferences because the AAC tournament starts later than other conference tournaments.

Actually, the ACC announced their awards on Monday/Tuesday in a press release and I saw on Twitter that Louisville left for Greensboro on Wednesday. There may be a ceremony at the ACC tournament for all winners after everything was announced, but they surely do it right away.

Reaction Score
Actually, the ACC announced their awards on Monday/Tuesday in a press release and I saw on Twitter that Louisville left for Greensboro on Wednesday. There may be a ceremony at the ACC tournament for all winners after everything was announced, but they surely do it right away.

The ACC 1st round of their tourney started on Wednesday, March 6th. The awards announced on Wed. March 6 (see link below)

Louisville’s Durr Repeats as ACC Women’s Player of the Year

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Is COY automatically given to the coach of the team with the best record? I was thinking maybe Coach Abe or Michelle Clark-Heard would get it.

Reaction Score
Coach Abe was not eligible as this award was for basketball.

Coach for UCF, affectionately called Coach Abe.

1552056791038.png

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There’s a nice symmetry to the AAC POY award for Pheesa & Lou. They’ve shared one POY and both have now won an outright POY. I also expect that both players will be named to a third AA team later this month.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I have been a little busy with work but did the complete BY miss that Asia Durr repeated as ACC POY? Seems like the perfect opportunity to troll Ms. Muffet who sits on her tuffet that HER PLAYER-Arike did not win AGAIN!!!!….either the BY is slipping or I am...nah, can't be me! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I have been a little busy with work but did the complete BY miss that Asia Durr repeated as ACC POY? Seems like the perfect opportunity to troll Ms. Muffet who sits on her tuffet that HER PLAYER-Arike did not win AGAIN!!!!….either the BY is slipping or I am...nah, can't be me! :rolleyes:
You’re slipping! I recall seeing a post or two about this on yesterday! Keep looking!

The “Other Player” wins again

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It was posted earlier in the week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom