American Athletic Conference Strategic Plan | The Boneyard

American Athletic Conference Strategic Plan

Reaction Score
This is good stuff. Like that AAC isn't sitting there moaning about who they are, but trying to get everyone to get individually better (students, coaches, all sports, school administrations, etc.). Baylor and TCU were football jokes not that long ago, why can't UCF, USF, Houston and Memphis lead some football mojo with all the other teams lifting their games too. Was the PAC 10 better than the AAC, pre bowl games the committee (led by the tireless worker Ty Willingham) had USC (lost by 35 to ND) and Washington (lost to 6-6 regular season ASU) ahead of UCF.
This league football is getting better, UConn needs to do its part (in more than just WCBB). Start with a blueprint.

Reaction Score
I guess I use a couple of Tulane and Tulsa shirts. :confused:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Before I hit publish I’d probably take out how I want to barter for office supplies and how I want to sell tickets via Groupon.

Reaction Score
It's been more than six hours.

At what point can we point out that the branding and strategy lead to this thread being mislabeled as the AAA instead of AAC?
LMAO

Reaction Score
At what point can we point out that the branding and strategy lead to this thread being mislabeled as the AAA instead of AAC?[/QUOTE]
It's been more than six hours.

At what point can we point out that the branding and strategy lead to this thread being mislabeled as the AAA instead of AAC?

Thanks for pointing that out. I changed the title. You might have salvaged the marketing effort for the AAC, well done! LOL!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Thanks for pointing that out. I changed the title. You might have salvaged the marketing effort for the AAC, well done! LOL![/QUOTE]

Wimp. Should have left the mistake up there.

Reaction Score
YgnBv-VKTEejWjXQREaYvA.png

I'm surprised the league office hasn't been moved to NYC or Hartford(keeping it in ESPN's backyard) already. Or any of the other member states. You can have a clam bake anywhere if you really want one.

Reaction Score

I'm surprised the league office hasn't been moved to NYC or Hartford(keeping it in ESPN's backyard) already. Or any of the other member states. You can have a clam bake anywhere if you really want one.
I don't get the obsession over the HQ location. It probably hasn't been changed because they like the people that handle the day to day stuff, and don't want to hire new jacks to teach them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Before I hit publish I’d probably take out how I want to barter for office supplies and how I want to sell tickets via Groupon.
I honestly thought that this was a joke until I got to "the 5th pillar."

Reaction Score
I don't get the obsession over the HQ location. It probably hasn't been changed because they like the people that handle the day to day stuff, and don't want to hire new jacks to teach them.
What other college conference has it's HQ outside of it's member's states? Most are centrally located within the conference. But at least NYC makes sense because A) it's proximity to major media and B) the perception it generates that the AAC is big time college sports.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

What other college conference has it's HQ outside of it's member's states? Most are centrally located within the conference. But at least NYC makes sense because A) it's proximity to major media and B) the perception it generates that the AAC is big time college sports.

You guys must have missed in the powerpoint that when the Commissioner travels they should schedule meetings for him to attend.

FWIW - being in NYC is useless to them. The potential non-linear partner aren’t there and their only potential linear partner is in Connecticut

I imagine they don’t move from Providence to Hartford because there is no real difference and it’s not worth disrupting the lives of the people who work there. I’m pretty sure you can get from Providence to Bristol when needed.

Last edited:

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I consider this lip service until the basketball dregs of this conference stop scheduling like JTJr/Ewing Georgetown. It's ridiculous.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I consider this lip service until the basketball dregs of this conference stop scheduling like JTJr/Ewing Georgetown. It's ridiculous.

Agree - the league must be pissed at us for that Coppin State game.

Reaction Score
RE: Office Location.

It's almost as if there is a way to communicate instantly, over various mediums, with nearly every person in the world.
Wow. But that only happens in those science fiction yarns, right. And maybe in those guys with the black helicopters...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The hell you say! When did this happen? What a breakthrough.

The AAC should fear the removal of net neutrality, all those video conference calls over Skype for business are going to really add up and then they may have to move to Hartford!

Reaction Score
Imagine if this leadership were in place during the tipping point years of the Big East

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom