America 12 should add non-football schools | Page 2 | The Boneyard

America 12 should add non-football schools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Weyou-While I don't think you're idea is terrible, where is the money going to come from for this "slush" fund? Certainly not from our tv deal. The only prudent thing to do is to adapt an every man for yourself attitude. UConn should try to build their facilities to the point where it is looked at as a joke that we are in this league.

Reaction Score
Hey you know what I wish all of the Northeast football schools would form a new conference but that's not going to happen. I wish UConn would join the B1G but that's not going to happen either. So what do you do? Sit there and whine about your plight over and over again? That and a quarter might get you a phone call if you can find a pay phone. So the only thing left is to take inventory of what you do have, identify your weakest link cause, like the old saying goes,...."your only as strong as your weakest link", then allocate part of your resources to strengthen your weakest points. I know the pie isn't very big but will the goal be achieved by each part solely"fending for itself"?

Reaction Score
Again, you focus your resources on making yourself the most attractive candidate outside the 5 BCS conferences. Fugg trying to strengthen your competitors. This ain't Obama Care bro. Just kidding on the last one.

Reaction Score
I'm astounded that the OP didn't have a huge sarcasm button attached to his post. Lew Perkins convinced the University years ago that football was the driving force of the future. Basically, he was Nostradamus about conference realignment. UConn's athletic future has been damaged enough by being in a conference where there were two divergent points of view regarding fielding 1-A football teams.
Charting a plan for the future: Make UConn's athletic department look like a diamond mixed into a box of quartz crystals: best facilities, fielding competitive teams at the highest level in all sports, winning conference championships across the board in this amalgamation until the door opens to a better place. I think Suzie & the Rock Star have have set on this path & will wait for it to bear fruit. The every man for himself approach
espoused by various posters applies here.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Charlotte and UMass would be acceptable as all sports.

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There aren't any basketball-only programs that we would want that would join this league.

Reaction Score
I always thought Miami of Ohio would have made a great addition to the Big East. They are a very good academic institution, have ad solid teams from time to time. Not sure that Cincy would want them, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom