Amazon Lightning deal coming up for Championship photo | The Boneyard

Amazon Lightning deal coming up for Championship photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Ok so I guess I am out of the pop culture, but what is an Amazon lightning deal?

Reaction Score
Ha. When it comes up as the lightning deal they will drop the price. Sometimes the price drops alot sometimes not but they have a set number they will sell at whatever price they set for the deal. Some stuff comes up and it's so cheap it sells out in seconds. other stuff just hangs around.

Reaction Score
It's kind of a generic picture. You can't really identify any of the people in the picture. If it wasn't for the center court logo and the scoreboard, it could be any basketball game, anytime, anywhere. Oh well......

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Ha. When it comes up as the lightning deal they will drop the price. Sometimes the price drops alot sometimes not but they have a set number they will sell at whatever price they set for the deal. Some stuff comes up and it's so cheap it sells out in seconds. other stuff just hangs around.

Cool, thanks. So is the $70+ price the deal, or should I expect it to drop from there?

Reaction Score
you have to go to the todays Big Monday deals page (they go all week) then at 6PM pacific the deal will kick off and the price will hopefully be alot lower. Once you click buy you have 15 minutes to complete the order. There is a little scrolly window to scroll through all of todays deals and what time they start

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
you have to go to the todays Big Monday deals page (they go all week) then at 6PM pacific the deal will kick off and the price will hopefully be alot lower. Once you click buy you have 15 minutes to complete the order. There is a little scrolly window to scroll through all of todays deals and what time they start

Thank you!

Reaction Score
Cool, thanks. So is the $70+ price the deal, or should I expect it to drop from there?
Yes, that's exactly what you should expect. As someone already pointed out, sometimes the deals are significant, somethings not.

On a side note, maybe it's just due to what I was looking for, but I found Cyber Monday extremely disappointing. All the sites I looked at knocked down the price on a lot of junk they simply wanted to move. The two big things I ended up ordering online were a laptop at Amazon (Black Friday lightning deal) and a printer (I believe that was a Staples online BF deal as well).

I thought I heard that the BF and CM sales numbers were really down this year compared to last and I think much of it has to do with the retailers thinking they could get away with selling a lot of junk at reduced prices and holding back on just about all the stuff that people really want.

I was going to post something specific about tablets, but will post a new topic on that shortly.

Reaction Score
I didnt get much at all. I did stock up on various Monster Power Supplies/surge protectors on Amazon though. I like the way they work and they were all significantly marked down on the quick deals. No good gifts though just stuff for myself. Some great deals on guitars too but i couldnt pull the trigger. Most of the stuff was outdated or soon to be obsolete crap

Reaction Score
Actually BF sales were way up and the stock market was thrilled. I'm not sure about CM. It's really a left-over concept from the old days when people didn't have high speed connections at home so they would kick-off their on-line shopping at work on Monday. That's no longer a relevant limitation.

Reaction Score
According to the specs the frame is only 13x16 and the collage is only 8x10? .. very deceiving if the case.

Reaction Score
I didnt get much at all. I did stock up on various Monster Power Supplies/surge protectors on Amazon though. I like the way they work and they were all significantly marked down on the quick deals. No good gifts though just stuff for myself. Some great deals on guitars too but i couldnt pull the trigger. Most of the stuff was outdated or soon to be obsolete crap

I wanted to buy those and they were sold out every time so fast. The Monster surge protectors were a great deal.

Reaction Score
On a side note, maybe it's just due to what I was looking for, but I found Cyber Monday extremely disappointing. All the sites I looked at knocked down the price on a lot of junk they simply wanted to move. The two big things I ended up ordering online were a laptop at Amazon (Black Friday lightning deal) and a printer (I believe that was a Staples online BF deal as well).

I thought I heard that the BF and CM sales numbers were really down this year compared to last
Indeed. I ordered something allegedly on sale at Amazon for cyber monday, normally priced at $60, on sale for $38. On Tuesday, I couldn't remember the original price, so to see how much I saved, I opened the order page and clicked on the item and lo and behold, the Tuesday price was $25.50. WTF ?

Thankfully, the first order hadn't shipped, so I cancelled that one and bought it again for the lower price.

For the record, Black Friday sales were up 7% from 2010 to, I think, $11.4 Billion.

Reaction Score
Well this picture is $99 everywhere else, and was 54.99 with the lightening deal and free shipping, not too bad for something i was planning on maybe picking up anyways for a gift

Reaction Score
For those who might be interested. Deal is scheduled for 2PM Pacific time. Have to browse through the Amazon Lightning deals but here is a link to the item.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004URME4E?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
It's being offered for just $55. I pulled the trigger and since I don't really care when I get it, I did the free shipping that might take an extra 5 to 7 days. No biggie. Of course, I'll probably see the same thing at TJ Max for 25 bucks and want to kick myself in the ass for spending over 50. :)

The tricky part will be when I mount it on my wall late at night and having some sort of answer when my wife discovers it. "Wow! I have no idea where that came from." or how about, "Don't you remember honey? You bought that for me last spring after they won the championship."

I'm doomed. Heck, it's worth sleeping in the basement for a few days...week...or however long it lasts.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Just hang it in the basement, Dog, so when you have fleeting thoughts of regret, you can look at the plaque and say, "No! I did the right thing!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom