Amazing Stats! | The Boneyard

Amazing Stats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sometimes stats can be skewed and misleading, but other times they can be very telling. In reviewing the UConn stats this morning, I found it amazing that of 301 made FG's by UConn this season, 208 or 69% of them were accompanied by an assist. What a great testament as to the outstanding ball movement and great teamwork displayed by the Huskies. I am not sure how this ranks nationally but it has to very close to being the best. For comparison purposes, here are the current Asst/FG %'s of the other Top 10 teams:

Baylor 65.6%
Notre Dame 63%
Stanford 57.5%
Maryland 60%
Tennessee 53%
Miami, FL 58.8%
Kentucky 52%
Duke 56%
Texas A&M 55.5%

On a related note, I was also very impressed to learn that every Husky player except one has a positive assist to turnover ratio. I am not sure many other teams can match this stat. Simply put, Geno and his staff have instilled into the team the importance of distributing and taking care of the ball...but we all know things are easier said than done so the real kudos go to the players on their outstanding and consistent execution.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Sometimes stats can be skewed and misleading, but other times they can be very telling. In reviewing the UConn stats this morning, I found it amazing that of 301 made FG's by UConn this season, 208 or 69% of them were accompanied by an assist. What a great testament as to the outstanding ball movement and great teamwork displayed by the Huskies. I am not sure how this ranks nationally but it has to very close to being the best. For comparison purposes, here are the current Asst/FG %'s of the other Top 10 teams:

Baylor 65.6%
Notre Dame 63%
Stanford 57.5%
Maryland 60%
Tennessee 53%
Miami, FL 58.8%
Kentucky 52%
Duke 56%
Texas A&M 55.5%

On a related note, I was also very impressed to learn that every Husky player except one has a positive assist to turnover ratio. I am not sure many other teams can match this stat. Simply put, Geno and his staff and instilled into the team the importance of distributing and taking care of the ball...but we all know things are easier said than done so the real kudos go to the players on their outstanding and consistent execution.

Nice find, Stray Cat. Thanks for posting.

Reaction Score

Baylor 65.6%
Notre Dame 63%
Stanford 57.5%
Maryland 60%
Tennessee 53%
Miami, FL 58.8%
Kentucky 52%
Duke 56%
Texas A&M 55.5%

On a related note, I was also very impressed to learn that every Husky player except one has a positive assist to turnover ratio. I am not sure many other teams can match this stat. Simply put, Geno and his staff have instilled into the team the importance of distributing and taking care of the ball...but we all know things are easier said than done so the real kudos go to the players on their outstanding and consistent execution.
Amazing correlation with ranking.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
wow that is some good information. i think it's also impressive that baylor and ND are also into the 60's with their assist %. sonny was right about the correlation with the rankings...

Reaction Score

Baylor 65.6%
Notre Dame 63%
Stanford 57.5%
Maryland 60%
Tennessee 53%
Miami, FL 58.8%
Kentucky 52%
Duke 56%
Texas A&M 55.5%

Thanks for these statistics. I think what would be even more interesting is a double column, is anyone could find the material with which to populate the second one. Take the assists-to-turnover ratio and in the next column put assists-to-made-baskets. I'm betting UConn's margin in that area would be much higher. But taken together, you could get a pretty good idea not only of the quality of the teams, but of the type of basketball they play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom