Amazing buzzer beater by Hayes... | The Boneyard

Amazing buzzer beater by Hayes...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Thanks @UConnCat - I must be the least tech savvy BY'er on here - i had no idea how to link the shot.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Post game interview of Tiffany Hayes picked up by Sports Center .

'Why is the shot you made so special?'

'Because coach just raised the ante of half court shots made (in practice 'sic') from $100 to $200 (sine no one was making them 'sic)' :)

Reaction Score
Clarendon and Bentley contributed in other ways for their teams just not shooting. They went a combined
1-12 . Bentley played good D and Clarendon hustled and managed the game like she does whatever that means. Good trade for both. We’ll see how good soon

Reaction Score
Tiffany Kiara Hayes, All-Star! She belongs on this year's team.

That's almost the same spot on the floor from which Diana launched against Tennessee at the halftime buzzer.

MilfordHusky- - You're right she's earned the right to be there but unbelievably she was left off the teams! What a snub She didn't score good in fan vote but you would think the powers that be would have rewarded her great start with a place by coaches and/or players!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Here is the comparison between Hayes and the other All Star guards who are probably the weakest competition. Seimone Augustus and Jewell Loyd. I think Hayes should have beat out both based on numbers and importance to team. (Especially considering mpg). Tolliver is also weaker than Hayes but 3pt shooting does matter

upload_2018-7-18_11-1-50.png

Last edited:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Getting respect at UCONN was a tenuous journey, but Hayes has kicked butt with the Dream.

I could not be happier for Tiff's career growth in the pros, and the level of success she's having. She is definitely "living the life" as a pro and loving every minute. I was really afraid the ankle injury would turn out to be more serious than it was, so that was a big relief.

She is a KEY cog on the floor for the Dream and, I think, an emotional linchpin of the team.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Everybody , look closely at the ATL bench when Tiff's shot is in the air --

there is one (familiar) player who is already walking "the walk", knowing that the shot is going to be good!! (Hint: she has a towel in her hand)

Love her swag !!!!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

there is one (familiar) player who is already walking "the walk", knowing that the shot is going to be good!! (Hint: she has a towel in her hand)

Love her swag !!!!!

Great observation.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Here is the comparison between Hayes and the other All Star guards who are probably the weakest competition. Seimone Augustus and Jewell Loyd. I think Hayes should have beat out both based on numbers and importance to team. (Especially considering mpg). Tolliver is also weaker than Hayes but 3pt shooting does matter

View attachment 33028
I think Hayes compares favorably with Loyd, Augustus, Toliver, and Quigley, or at least one of them.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Love her swag !!!!!
Renee has got SWAG big time!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think Hayes compares favorably with Loyd, Augustus, Toliver, and Quigley, or at least one of them.

I looked at Quiqley's stats but decided that her season is sufficiently "unique" > 43% 3pt shooting (for a volume 3pt shooter) that she would not overlap what Hayes brings

Reaction Score
Getting respect at UCONN was a tenuous journey, but Hayes has kicked butt with the Dream.
Tiffany Hayes in her 7th year has a young spirit and is a later bloomer. She is hitting HER prime basketball years now. She will be even better years 8-10. Where Maya peaked in her 4th year. Maya is so consistent but 2014 was her best.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I looked at Quiqley's stats but decided that her season is sufficiently "unique" > 43% 3pt shooting (for a volume 3pt shooter) that she would not overlap what Hayes brings
Hayes 2 pt fg 52%....nice
Hayes 3 pt fg 30%
For my team this year I would choose Hayes over Augustus easily.
No way I take Hayes, Loyd, Quigley or Augustus over Kayla McBride THIS YEAR

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom