Amari DeBerry interview | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Amari DeBerry interview

Reaction Score
Geez.
Ca we save the platitudes for once they start playing?
Sound like a bunch of “Rock Star Groupies “ here.
Paige, Paige,Paige
Azzi, Azzi, Azzi.
You make this team sound like the best thing since sliced bread.
I AM A BIG FAN, but pleeeeze...
Lost to AK last year and shouldn’t have.
LUCKED OUT vs South Carolina.
Beaten DECISIVELY by Stanford.
There is room from improvement.
Let them get together, form a team identity and PLAY SOME GAMES.
All of these platitudes, some earned, some not so much (or yet) are becoming comical.
We played Stanford?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I wasn't sure if Dorka was going to be coming back for a second year. I thought she was a graduate student
I believe that Dorka played 3 years at Ohio State but graduated. Based on the Covid rules, last season didn't count against her eligibility. She can play 2 more years. I believe she has said that is what she intends to do--2 years of basketball at UConn (plus a graduate degree).

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Geez.
Paige, Paige,Paige
Azzi, Azzi, Azzi.
All of these platitudes, some earned, some not so much (or yet) are becoming comical.
Careful with the words in caps. I used one word all caps in a title and the Karens of world whined to no end.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I enjoyed this video featuring Amari. It was long enough to be informative, but short enough to keep your interest. I’m looking ahead trying to visualize what 19 year old sophomore Amari will bring to the table. 15 months of working with the UConn‘s strength and conditioning trainers, and having learned Geno’s system, I’m interested to see how just how formidable and productive Amari will be in year 2.

As a freshman, I want her to make a smooth transition from high school, adjust to the speed and rigors of play at this leve, learn Geno’s system, be a sponge learning as much as she can, and stay injury free. Make a huge sophomore leap, and be ready to take wcbb by storm In 22-23. Amari can be as good as she wants to be.

I would love to see a video like this on all of our future incoming freshmen. Nicely done.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Does it matter? On this site it doesn’t matter who or what the thread is about. We can interject anyone at anytime. It’s called the “Paige affect”
It does matter! Because people like you always interject players that have nothing to do with the subject matter! It’s disrespectful and immature! Let each player have their respective post and keep it at that!

Reaction Score
It does matter! Because people like you always interject players that have nothing to do with the subject matter! It’s disrespectful and immature! Let each player have their respective post and keep it at that!
Apparently you missed many of my post and the reason I started interjecting players. Annoying isn’t it? Lol But thank you.

Reaction Score
Originally, I thought you were getting tired of Bueckers being mentioned in threads about other players, particularly Fudd. When you took the next step of interjecting Fudd into any Bueckers thread I thought I understood the point you were making.

But interjecting Fudd into a DeBerry thread? DeBerry gets far less attention than either Bueckers or Fudd, and they are not post players like Edwards. Now it seems you are not so much bothered by Bueckers usurping attention, but rather that more attention should be focused on Fudd, even at the expense of less heralded post players like DeBerry.

I think you are starting to undermine your original concern, which I think was a legitimate one. But maybe I’m mistaken and you really just want more attention for Fudd.
Not true littlemind.
Wow really good one, you must have been quite the killer back in the elementary school playground.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So, Amari was 11-12 years old and playing against girls who were 17-18. Impressive!

Random person in the mall: "Do you play basketball? What college?"

Amari: "Yes, I play basketball, but I'm 12 yers old." Yikes!

Reminds me of the Shaquille O'Neal story. His father was stationed in Germany. Dale Brown, LSU Coach, did an event at the army base. Afterwards, Shaq asked Coach Brown for suggestions on exercises for his legs. Brown gave him some info and then asked what army rank he was. Shaq replied, "I'm in 7th grade." Recruiting in earnest began then and there.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
The knock on DeBerry is she likes a more perimeter game. We need Bigs that can post, rebound & play a "physical" game. Good to hear she is willing to do that & develop post moves. If she can contribute this year, that would give a huge boost to Geno's depth and match-up options, especially against the bigger/better teams.

Reaction Score
Geez.
Paige, Paige,Paige
Azzi, Azzi, Azzi.
Did you mean, “Beaten DECISIVELY by Arizona?

Reaction Score
I enjoyed this video featuring Amari. It was long enough to be informative, but short enough to keep your interest. I’m looking ahead trying to visualize what 19 year old sophomore Amari will bring to the table. 15 months of working with the UConn‘s strength and conditioning trainers, and having learned Geno’s system, I’m interested to see how just how formidable and productive Amari will be in year 2.

As a freshman, I want her to make a smooth transition from high school, adjust to the speed and rigors of play at this leve, learn Geno’s system, be a sponge learning as much as she can, and stay injury free. Make a huge sophomore leap, and be ready to take wcbb by storm In 22-23. Amari can be as good as she wants to be.

I would love to see a video like this on all of our future incoming freshmen. Nicely done.
Thank you for the positivity! The interview that was posted was done at home by someone local back in April. A friend of mine told me about this site they most of got it from Instagram

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Thank you for the positivity! The interview that was posted was done at home by someone local back in April. A friend of mine told me about this site they most of got it from Instagram
Welcome to the BY. Great interview you should be very proud of this very articulate young lady.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Welcome to the BY. Great interview you should be very proud of this very articulate young lady.
You never know who may drop into the boneyard to read our comments. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom