Amari DeBerry interview | The Boneyard

Amari DeBerry interview

Reaction Score
Thank you for posting that.
My two main takeaways:

I love an athlete that knows they’re not the “best” (yet)-puts themselves in a challenging position-and rises to the occasion. She knows what it takes as she has done it many times before.

That in close to the basket, outside spin followed by a left handed bank shot will prove lethal.

Reaction Score
Well Done, Amari!! I enjoyed watching you " in the
Post" in Hungary. Best wishes!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Amari is an impressive young lady. Well spoken, family oriented and grounded.

She has a variety of moves around the basket that I believe will become deadly for opponents. Amari may be a sleeper when it comes to playing time.

Reaction Score

She has a variety of moves around the basket that I believe will become deadly for opponents. Amari may be a sleeper when it comes to playing time.
Azzi won’t be a sleeper!

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
And let's not forget next year we will get In
Isuneh "Ice" Brady and Ayanna Patterson to go with Amari DeBerry, Paige Bueckers and Azzi Fudd. Talk about a loaded team next year...Aaliyah Edwards, Nika Muhl, Mir McLean, Piath Gabriel, Caroline Ducharme, Saylor Poffenbarger, Aubrey Griffin. Are you kidding me? Who starts?

We know Paige Bueckers and Azzi Fudd will start...talk about a crap shoot for the other three spots... Got to think that Aaliyah Edwards will be a beast in her Junior year. And with Nika Muhl's competitive nature...it will be hard to keep her off the court.

Reaction Score

This....

and she sounds like a leader... already....

Reaction Score
When you find a naturally intelligent and articulate young woman combine it with with great basketball skills, humility and obvious work ethic, you get the next generation of Uconn leadership ! That interview would have made a professional proud.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Does it matter? On this site it doesn’t matter who or what the thread is about. We can interject anyone at anytime. It’s called the “Paige affect”
Originally, I thought you were getting tired of Bueckers being mentioned in threads about other players, particularly Fudd. When you took the next step of interjecting Fudd into any Bueckers thread I thought I understood the point you were making.

But interjecting Fudd into a DeBerry thread? DeBerry gets far less attention than either Bueckers or Fudd, and they are not post players like Edwards. Now it seems you are not so much bothered by Bueckers usurping attention, but rather that more attention should be focused on Fudd, even at the expense of less heralded post players like DeBerry.

I think you are starting to undermine your original concern, which I think was a legitimate one. But maybe I’m mistaken and you really just want more attention for Fudd.

Reaction Score
Originally, I thought you were getting tired of Bueckers being mentioned in threads about other players, particularly Fudd. When you took the next step of interjecting Fudd into any Bueckers thread I thought I understood the point you were making.

But interjecting Fudd into a DeBerry thread? DeBerry gets far less attention than either Bueckers or Fudd, and they are not post players like Edwards. Now it seems you are not so much bothered by Bueckers usurping attention, but rather that more attention should be focused on Fudd, even at the expense of less heralded post players like DeBerry.

I think you are starting to undermine your original concern, which I think was a legitimate one. But maybe I’m mistaken and you really just want more attention for Fudd.
You got it right. All points. I am done…… for now.

Reaction Score
Geez.
Ca we save the platitudes for once they start playing?
Sound like a bunch of “Rock Star Groupies “ here.
Paige, Paige,Paige
Azzi, Azzi, Azzi.
You make this team sound like the best thing since sliced bread.
I AM A BIG FAN, but pleeeeze...
Lost to AK last year and shouldn’t have.
LUCKED OUT vs South Carolina.
Beaten DECISIVELY by Stanford.
There is room from improvement.
Let them get together, form a team identity and PLAY SOME GAMES.
All of these platitudes, some earned, some not so much (or yet) are becoming comical.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
And let's not forget next year we will get In
Isuneh "Ice" Brady and Ayanna Patterson to go with Amari DeBerry, Paige Bueckers and Azzi Fudd. Talk about a loaded team next year...Aaliyah Edwards, Nika Muhl, Mir McLean, Piath Gabriel, Caroline Ducharme, Saylor Poffenbarger, Aubrey Griffin. Are you kidding me? Who starts?

We know Paige Bueckers and Azzi Fudd will start...talk about a crap shoot for the other three spots... Got to think that Aaliyah Edwards will be a beast in her Junior year. And with Nika Muhl's competitive nature...it will be hard to keep her off the court.
You forgot to mention Dorka.
Dorka, Aaliyah, Saylor, Paige & Azzi could be the starters and the second unit could be
Amari, Ice, Ayanna, Caroiline and Kiki. And no I'm not kidding you! Could be EPIC!

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
You forgot to mention Dorka.
Dorka, Aaliyah, Saylor, Paige & Azzi could be the starters and the second unit could be
Amari, Ice, Ayanna, Caroiline and Kiki. And no I'm not kidding you! Could be EPIC!
I wasn't sure if Dorka was going to be coming back for a second year. I thought she was a graduate student

Reaction Score
Geez.
Paige, Paige,Paige
Azzi, Azzi, Azzi.
All of these platitudes, some earned, some not so much (or yet) are becoming comical.
Wrong wrong wrong! Everyone knows we are UConn WBB groupies! Not rockstar! Geesh!

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Geez.
Paige, Paige,Paige
Azzi, Azzi, Azzi.
Platitudes? There aren't any stinkin' platitudes... It is a reality that the folks on this page love UConn, love talking about UConn 24/7, believe that UConn is the best team in the universe, believe that UConn should get every top ten player there is, that every new player UConn gets is the best thing since sliced bread, that UConn's coaching staff can not do anything wrong, That Geno is a God...did I leave anything out???

Reaction Score
Geez.
Paige, Paige,Paige
Azzi, Azzi, Azzi.

When did UConn play Stanford?

Reaction Score
Platitudes? There aren't any stinkin' platitudes... It is a reality that the folks on this page love UConn, love talking about UConn 24/7, believe that UConn is the best team in the universe, believe that UConn should get every top ten player there is, that every new player UConn gets is the best thing since sliced bread, that UConn's coaching staff can not do anything wrong, That Geno is a God...did I leave anything out???
They aren’t giving (she who shall no be named) the sliced bread treatment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom