AMA update on PC board | The Boneyard

AMA update on PC board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This sure is a strange recruiting saga. Just hope he makes the best decision for him:

Just saw this:-

Coast 2 Coast Hoops ‏@coast2coasthoop 2m

We had the false report, @adamfinkelstein reported first that Abdul Malik-Abu was at Florida yesterday. Disregard our prior report.

Read more: friartownhoops.proboards.com/t...6#ixzz2dxCKvkXD

Reaction Score
This sure is a strange recruiting saga. Just hope he makes the best decision for him:

Just saw this:-

Coast 2 Coast Hoops ‏@coast2coasthoop 2m

We had the false report, @adamfinkelstein reported first that Abdul Malik-Abu was at Florida yesterday. Disregard our prior report.

Read more: friartownhoops.proboards.com/t...6#ixzz2dxCKvkXD

That's more like a downdate or backdate than an update.

Reaction Score
Reports, (from the same Florida guy, Russ Wood, who said Abu was in Florida last night, and some NC State people on Rivals and Scout) are that Abu is making a trip to NC State tomorrow, too.

Reaction Score
Reports, (from the same Florida guy, Russ Wood, who said Abu was in Florida last night, and some NC State people on Rivals and Scout) are that Abu is making a trip to NC State tomorrow, too.

Strange - is he using the visits just for the sake of visiting the campus/creating hype for his announcement, or does he legitimately not know where he wants to go at this juncture? I'm curious to know what the N.C. State insiders (who broke the Purvis story about a week before it materialized) think about this.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Strange - is he using the visits just for the sake of visiting the campus/creating hype for his announcement, or does he legitimately not know where he wants to go at this juncture? I'm curious to know what the N.C. State insiders (who broke the Purvis story about a week before it materialized) think about this.
He's checking out the women in North Carolina.:) From what people have talked about, there is a difference between an official visit and an unofficial one in what a prospective recruit gets to observe. The official is much more formal and allows the recruit to tour the academic facilities the campus provides with an official tour guide.

The only thing I see is this kid is doing his due diligence. The circus is coming from the fanatics who go crazy with speculation every time some new information comes out. We're the circus. Not this 18 year old kid whose entire future could be dependent on what he chooses.

Reaction Score
He's checking out the women in North Carolina.:) From what people have talked about, there is a difference between an official visit and an unofficial one in what a prospective recruit gets to observe. The official is much more formal and allows the recruit to tour the academic facilities the campus provides with an official tour guide.

The only thing I see is this kid is doing his due diligence. The circus is coming from the fanatics who go crazy with speculation every time some new information comes out. We're the circus. Not this 18 year old kid whose entire future could be dependent on what he chooses.

I don't think it's a circus, it just seems unusual for a kid to be cramming in all these visits the week of the decision. Not a lot of time to digest the information, discuss with your family/friends, etc.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I don't think it's a circus, it just seems unusual for a kid to be cramming in all these visits the week of the decision. Not a lot of time to digest the information, discuss with your family/friends, etc.
Somebody else jokingly referred to his process as a circus in another thread. Hence my use of the word. Sorry it came across that I was referring to you.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
True. On the other hand he's avoiding the Boneyard process of over analyzing everything.

Reaction Score
If we do not AMA I am going to cringe every time I hear his name in the future. The 7th can not come fast enough one way or another.

Reaction Score
if he really is visiting NC State now after Florida then i think he's just going over his options one last time. He knew where he was gonna commit before all these last second visits. i think he's just dotting his I's and crossing his T's so to speak.

Reaction Score
Didn't AMA say he was gonna shock people with his decision? All we have been hearing is PC, NC State and Florida....no mention of UCONN. He is coming here and always was.

Reaction Score
I agree that he's just going over all his options one last time, and that he probably has his school already selected. Heck, they may already know. He just seems like he has too good of a head on his shoulders to cram like this if he really didnt know where he wanted to go. He would probably move the date, and not rush his visits.

Reaction Score
Didn't AMA say he was gonna shock people with his decision? All we have been hearing is PC, NC State and Florida....no mention of UCONN. He is coming here and always was.
Every recruit these days declares he's gonna "shock the world."

That and "Team X is recruiting me the hardest" have become the two stupidest recruiting phrases.

Reaction Score
Embarrassing that there is an event with media coverage to watch two borderline top 50 players select a hat. Almost makes Lebron's decision seem like it was a good choice!

having said that i cant wait for Saturday to come around so that we can get this over with

Reaction Score
Embarrassing that there is an event with media coverage to watch two borderline top 50 players select a hat. Almost makes Lebron's decision seem like it was a good choice!

Come on man. I understand media hype and exposure rub some the wrong way but this is a chance for their community to celebrate their accepting a college scholarship - something worth celebrating.

I'm not gonna blame two 17 or 18 year old kids for taking part - hope they enjoy themselves.

Also, can't blame AMA for taking visits now - I have absolutely no idea if he did or not - don't really care. He only gets one chance to get this decision right the first time, and I hope he does.

Would love for him to be a Husky but if not, we'll survive.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
If we do not AMA I am going to cringe every time I hear his name in the future. The 7th can not come fast enough one way or another.

For mojo purposes you should have been mass-producing some AMA flair thingys.

Reaction Score
I really think he's down to nc state and Florida and I think he's visiting both of them to make sure he made the correct decision

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
If I were committing to the basketball capital of the world, the cold weather town of Storrs, I'd hang out in FL just before I announced also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom