AMA (and The Ones That Got Away) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AMA (and The Ones That Got Away)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
of the olliewood recruits over last 3 yrs that have seen live action; only newrip is a triple threat(and he came from ollies high school)

too much settling for leftovers in recruiting wars

maybe 2 student athletes in fold for '15-'16 will be triple threat prototype

i hope sledteam dont see a JC like roster panic completion to fill all 13 ships with just warm body practice players like the trices of the world

this roster needs alot of help now; looks like they didnt do any manpower planning to anticipate deandre leaving; if they thought kenihop was the scouting answer i am glad they dont do any scouting for me

these sympathy ships for brainee walkons need to stop, if though APR was all good and they dont need geniuses to bring it up: this roster needs all 13 slots filled wit divI playas

i guess the manpower planners never think the broken bod bug bites huskies; believe me my husky dog was bitten on the ears every summer to a pulp but i stopped it fast with camping trip anti bug lotion applied to ears every morning in summer and fall/maybe these huskies in storz should try the lotion because the reinforcements spend all time in libary getting Apluses and dont really wish to touch a basketball

You haven't wandered into traffic yet?

Reaction Score
AMA got a lot of run against WV today in a game I was curious to watch - so I took my first look at him (WV won 83-69). At the half, even though he had 6, I thought he was terrible - banked in a 3 that he had no business taking and that might have required paramedics if the backboard didn't protect the spectators. He also turned the ball over against the press with nobody near him by dribbling the ball over his head, and then turned it over by not protecting the ball in a "hold for the last shot" situation to lead to a WV three. I was all set to say maybe we got lucky. He did dunk an alley oop after NC State broke the press, but it was served up for him right at the rim and took no effort.

Then I watched his second half minutes and, even though he didn't have any statistical impact, I saw the potential. He is like a stronger version of Facey (6-9, good springs in his legs, etc.). And when he's on defense and a shot goes up, he finds someone to box out and really puts a body on him. He could be a college 5 against almost everyone - a little undersized, but with a strong enough frame to defend most. On the down side, it looked like there were a couple times he didn't know the plays, but some of that could be the WV pressure leading to confusion.

Staten maybe makes more tough shots than anyone in college - at least in the couple games I've seen. He squeezed a couple in on drives where I didn't even think there was daylight to see the rim.

Reaction Score
Speaking of kids we missed on (even if he wasn't eligible to come here), Justin Martin hasn't had the impact at SMU I thought he'd have. He's averaging just 7 points and 3 rebounds in 16 minutes a game, and he only played 4 minutes against Michigan today. It would be interesting to see what would have happened if he came here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom