Am I missing something??? This is bizarre but good news for us... | The Boneyard

Am I missing something??? This is bizarre but good news for us...

Reaction Score
Just saw the spread. Xavier only -2.5???? What? Thought spread wud be like -7 or 8. Am I missing something ? Is Bouk playing or is xaviers entire starting 5 injured? Is this a trick spread ???? Is there something the handicappers don’t know ? This makes no sense. I’m shocked. I thought spread wud be at least -8 after providence debacle. Either Bouk playing or xavier is playing thier second team.

Reaction Score
None of what you said is happening. Uconn is going to win
Why is spread only -2.5? Isn’t Xavier good? The oddsmakers expecting us to suddenly play well. This line is shocking. We are reeling and just lost to providence. Don’t get it. Makes no sense that line is only -2.5 after how we ve been playing. And it’s at Xavier!!! Somethings up

Reaction Score
Xavier's played one game since January 10th, and they weren't particularly convincing before then(although they did blowout Oklahoma). They're a pretty big unknown right now.

Reaction Score
Xavier's played one game since January 10th, and they weren't particularly convincing before then(although they did blowout Oklahoma). They're a pretty big unknown right now.
Cmon tho.only -2.5 ? With the way we ve been playing? That’s ridiculous. Love it tho. That means we’re gonna hang

Reaction Score
Why is spread only -2.5? Isn’t Xavier good? The oddsmakers expecting us to suddenly play well. This line is shocking. We are reeling and just lost to providence. Don’t get it. Makes no sense that line is only -2.5 after how we ve been playing. And it’s at Xavier!!! Somethings up

the rest of the world is not as miserable as this place. It’s no more complicated than that.

Reaction Score
just pick xavier to cover already
Ha hell no. I’m usually pretty good at lines/betting. But not against my squad. I thought this spread wud be at least Xavier -6. We re playing our worst ball of the season and reeling. Handicappers must be putting Lot of stock in thier covid pauses. Maybe we match up well with them. Thought they were a tourney team. Doesn’t add up. Oh well we’ll see.

Reaction Score
just pick xavier to cover already
The only time I bet on sports in Las Vegas was in 2016, I bet on Tulsa +8.5 to cover against us.

I didn't think that team was capable of blowing people out and I was right. We won the game by about 6, literal win-win for me.

-2.5 seems low here.

Reaction Score
As a fellow bettor, I understand your thread and no, people, this doesn't make him "miserable"

I was also a little surprised by the line as well, thought it would be quite a bit higher.

Reaction Score
I'm both a UConn realist and a bettor and that line is off, especially if Martin is out, who is a game time decision

Reaction Score
Just saw the spread. Xavier only -2.5???? What? Thought spread wud be like -7 or 8. Am I missing something ? Is Bouk playing or is xaviers entire starting 5 injured? Is this a trick spread ???? Is there something the handicappers don’t know ? This makes no sense. I’m shocked. I thought spread wud be at least -8 after providence debacle. Either Bouk playing or xavier is playing thier second team.
It’s pretty simple. First, we’re not nearly as bad as this board believes. 2nd, no team in this league plays consistently well except Villanova, and even that’s debatable.

If we make 3’s today we’ll probably win. If we don‘t, we won’t. That’s basically how it’s been the last 7 games.

Reaction Score
I think because it looked like Colby Jones wasn't playing and Xavier hasn't played in a while. It moved to -4 on draft kings. -2.5 was a steal.

Reaction Score
Wow, shocking. You mean to tell me the people setting the lines objectively evaluate UConn and don't write off the whole season based on 2 games?

Reaction Score
Wow, shocking. You mean to tell me the people setting the lines objectively evaluate UConn and don't write off the whole season based on 2 games?
Writing off the season is -12, -5.5 is realistic. It's not hard to see. Would you bet your house on +2.5? I wouldn't.

back2BE4us

The Carpenter will carpent.
Reaction Score
Kenpom has it as -2. Seems right in line with advanced analytics sites
Any chance you could link that? I'm looking around and can't find any KenPom lines. Is it pay feature?

Reaction Score
Writing off the season is -12, -5.5 is realistic. It's not hard to see. Would you bet your house on +2.5? I wouldn't.
That's my point, -2.5 is a perfectly reasonable spread because UConn still has a chance to win today. Which you wouldn't think reading this board the past few days

Reaction Score
I'm not seeing -2.5 anywhere anymore. I wonder if analytics has Akok going 6, 6 & 3 blocks or something, haha.

1613229113846.png

Reaction Score
Yeah my boy asked me to guess the spread last night -I said well it’s probably about -7 with the way we ve been playing lately but it won’t be over -9 but not under -6. And then he started laughing and said OK and I said if it’s under -6 I’ll drink this whole cup of fireball(chilled) to my head. When he told me it was -2.5 I didn’t believe him and grabbed the phone out of his hand to look at it. I lost the bet , hence the cloudy morning. Lol. Now It moved to -4 , Martin’s a game time decision. I would never bet against my boys but good Lord something doesn’t add up here. Maybe they’re chalking up the Providence game to an outlier considering the team was probably surprised bouk didn’t play. We’ll see if Danny has the troops ready to respond today- this thing will probably close at -5 by game time if Martin is out. Or maybe the Vegas handicappers know some thing - Bouk you there ? LOL. The lower the spread the more I love uconn. you know how that goes.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Bet X ML, hope you lose

Guaranteed a Happy Ending

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members