Alums: Drummond vs. DHam and Marcus Williams | The Boneyard

Alums: Drummond vs. DHam and Marcus Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Marcus looking good on the floor
Seriously. Recent vids I'd seen of him he was a bit overweight but he looks great. DHAm and Marcus have like half the schools triple doubles right?

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Can someone remind me what exactly the Drew league is? Drummond is too good to be playing in that league. Marcus Williams was so good. I thought he would be a solid NBA player.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I thought Marcus was a steal in that '06 draft, he was one of my favorite and smoothest PGs I've ever watched.

He could have been a good NBA PG, it seems his work ethic has been the issue.

Reaction Score
Can someone remind me what exactly the Drew league is? Drummond is too good to be playing in that league. Marcus Williams was so good. I thought he would be a solid NBA player.
Legendary LA Summer League Basketball

Reaction Score
LA Pro-Am league, plenty of pros play in it that are better than he is.

Reaction Score
Marcus Williams has been thrown off a couple pro teams for his laziness and bad attitude. It's unfortunate as his talent has always been undeniable
This + bad attitude is putting it kindly.

Reaction Score
Can someone remind me what exactly the Drew league is? Drummond is too good to be playing in that league.

The Boneyard in two sentences.

Anyone in LA should come through and watch, you never know who's going to show up.

Reaction Score
I thought Marcus was a steal in that '06 draft, he was one of my favorite and smoothest PGs I've ever watched.

For some reason that seems to have been a problem for a lot of our guys once they reached the League.

Maybe Calhoun was keeping them in line here?

C

Chief00

He also doesn't have elite point guard speed and quickness to be fair. Additionally, no better than an average shooter at that level. Marcus is a very gifted passer.
On a personal level, quite frankly, I never had a problem with him. His Dad was always a friend of UConn too. I will say this,and I have said it to Marcus, he should have gotten in more trouble than AJ on the laptop thing. Marcus was the older kid and along with his cousin was the ringleader - AJ was just a impressionable Freshman. It would have been fun to see those two healthy play together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
There was more to the laptop thing than was let on. Which is why I can not support Williams ever.

Reaction Score
For some reason that seems to have been a problem for a lot of our guys once they reached the League.

Maybe Calhoun was keeping them in line here?
I'm not sure that's specific to UConn. A lot of NBA-caliber talents and athletes have that issue. They're naturally talented enough to be really good in college without having to put in the work that's required at the next level and just never figure out how to do it. You see it in college football a ton too.

Reaction Score

kobe putting on a spectacle @ the drew. og ish. roasting harden

Even just watching Kobe goof around in a summer league game you can tell his footwork is just on another level. The angles he takes, headfakes, body position are all PERFECT. His work ethic and perfectionism is something we may never see again.

This coming from a Celts fan who hated the m'fer

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Even just watching Kobe goof around in a summer league game you can tell his footwork is just on another level. The angles he takes, headfakes, body position are all PERFECT. His work ethic and perfectionism is something we may never see again.

This coming from a Celts fan who hated the m'fer

James Harden and defense... wow. Kobe is a top 5 all time scorer but he made James Harden look horrible.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
DHam's highlight reel consisted almost entirely of turnovers, impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom