Alterique update 2.0 | The Boneyard

Alterique update 2.0

Reaction Score
UConn looks to cure road woes, likely without Alterique Gilbert
There is good news for UConn fans, however. Gilbert’s shoulder soreness is not related to the three prior surgeries he’s had over the past three years. His shoulder is structurally sound. At this point, it’s just a matter of getting to the point where the soreness is gone, and Gilbert feels 100 percent confident moving forward.

Reaction Score
Thank God. Really didn't want him to go through that again

Reaction Score
That is good news. I hope he can recover quickly and regain his confidence.

For tonight's game, we need someone to step up in a major way. Vital and Adams were huge last game, and Tarin has had his moments this season. Hopefully someone can rise to the challenge of replacing Alterique's production and leadership on the court. This is going to be a tough game to win with or without Alterique.

Reaction Score
Great news and hope to see him back soon. As for tonight, they need to shoot over 40% from 3 and not foul. BJ taylor and Dawkins would just lower shoulder and drive knowing they were going to get fouled last game. Would be great to see if Carlton can continue his recent stretch and Jalen play an aggressive 40 minutes.

Reaction Score
Carlton will be key tonight. He only managed to stay on the floor for 16 minutes and finished with 2 points and 2 rebounds in the last UCF game. If he can't improve those numbers Cobb will need to reappear.

Reaction Score
Carlton will be key tonight. He only managed to stay on the floor for 16 minutes and finished with 2 points and 2 rebounds in the last UCF game. If he can't improve those numbers Cobb will need to reappear.
This game will help show us who Carlton really is. Jury still way out.

Friendship

Filled With My Husky Friends
Reaction Score
This game will help show us who Carlton really is. Jury still way out.

This season has a whole has told me enough. One game won't change anything.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If he can’t go tonight I’d sit him for ECU as well. We can likely get that W without him. Tonight is going to be very tough regardless.

Reaction Score
If he can’t go tonight I’d sit him for ECU as well. We can likely get that W without him. Tonight is going to be very tough regardless.
Agree 100%. Get him ready for the end of the season. That would give him 6 whole days including today to recover before temple game.

Reaction Score
Size upgrade may be a plus on defense. Dare I say we consider a bit of zone to protect josh and force some outside shooting and to even slow down the offense on our side to control turnovers without out primary ball handler playing? This will force us to go down low a little more. as I feel that ucf sees josh as a potential threat our guards may have better looks with any collapse on Carlton. Hope he can move the ball efficiently. Be ready for some Jalen high volume shooting, but know he is trying to get us a win for his boy!!WE MUST LIVE ON THE LINE tonight and keep them off of it, (and out of the bonus)at least until the final minutes of the first.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
UConn teams under JC would be galvanized and play their balls off in a moment like this. I’m hoping Myth or Bradams step up big. A few threes from Polley would be great. I’m encouraged that Diarra will be available to put up some resistance to Tacko.

Reaction Score
UConn teams under JC would be galvanized and play their balls off in a moment like this. I’m hoping Myth or Bradams step up big. A few threes from Polley would be great. I’m encouraged that Diarra will be available to put up some resistance to Tacko.
I know it was just a few minutes last game, but I am pumped about the size gains with Diarra. He looks physical and ready to add something in the post.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Size upgrade may be a plus on defense. Dare I say we consider a bit of zone to protect josh and force some outside shooting and to even slow down the offense on our side to control turnovers without out primary ball handler playing? This will force us to go down low a little more. as I feel that ucf sees josh as a potential threat our guards may have better looks with any collapse on Carlton. Hope he can move the ball efficiently. Be ready for some Jalen high volume shooting, but know he is trying to get us a win for his boy!!WE MUST LIVE ON THE LINE tonight and keep them off of it, (and out of the bonus)at least until the final minutes of the first.

So, in other words, we must play great and hope that they don't. Got it. Should be easy to do.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Near the end of the Dan Hurley coaches radio show he indicated that he’d likely go big in replacing AG tonight.

Oh good. I feel like that's the right answer, especially against this team. Tarin isn't going to give us much except as a backup, and the guards have their hands full guarding Taylor.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Taylor barrels into people all day and takes about 8 FTs a game. For reference, Jalen takes less than 4. Things we’re also pretty chippy between CV and him in Hartford. Something to keep an eye on. We know Taylor and Dawkins will get theirs but can’t allow a random 3rd player to go off ala the USF scrub we turned into Klay Thompson. I’d consider Terrell Allen the leading candidate in the UConn Starmaker Sweepstakes.

Reaction Score
So if we're going big does that mean Jalen, CV, Polley, Sid, and Carlton?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
100% not playing tonight confirmed.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Can we please get the "At Memphis" version of Aubrey Dawkins tonight, instead of the one that absolutely torched us in Hartford? 1 of 10 shooting, 2 points, 4 fouls, 4 turnovers? Would go a long way in securing a UConn win.

Go big and frustrate him. He thrives when guarded by smaller guards. Memphis went away from it's three guard lineup and had 6'6" 230 lb Raynere Thornton take Dawkins.
Tigers’ defense follows the game plan and throttles UCF offense in FedExForum - The Daily Memphian

I want to see Polley and Sid on him. Sid's shot blocking could alter his shot, even from behind if Dawkins gets by, and Polley's length poses challenges.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom