Alterique Training | The Boneyard

Alterique Training

Reaction Score
Have heard that the medical staff feels he is finally healthy. The surgery was very different from the last one, with a higher success rate. The fear is loss of mobility in the shoulder, but I have heard (and Hurley and Rothstein have said) that his shooting looks better than ever. If this kid is finally healthy...watch out. Is probably our best all around player.

Reaction Score
Have heard that the medical staff feels he is finally healthy. The surgery was very different from the last one, with a higher success rate. The fear is loss of mobility in the shoulder, but I have heard (and Hurley and Rothstein have said) that his shooting looks better than ever. If this kid is finally healthy...watch out. Is probably our best all around player.
Watching him vs Oregon in the PK80 at full strength was fun as hell

Reaction Score
Is it just me or does his jumper look a lot more fluid now? If my memory is Correct, I thought at times last year his jumper seemed to have an awkward catch/pause in it.

Yeah. Its more one motion than it used to be. Hes not bringing the ball behind his head.

On the other hand, his follow through t
Looks kind of weak to me. But it might just be the weird shaky camera angle. Idk.

Reaction Score

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: AG is way better than Adams when fully healthy. Which is scary because Adams has the potential to be AAC POY.

Reaction Score
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: AG is way better than Adams when fully healthy. Which is scary because Adams has the potential to be AAC POY.

I don't know about "way" better. But I will agree he has the ability to be a great player on a great TEAM. Adams is a great player, but I don't know if he's shown that he can be the leader of a great team yet.

Westbrook comes to mind. Not play style, just as an example of a great player who won't be the leader of a top-tier team.

Reaction Score
Is it just me or does his jumper look a lot more fluid now? If my memory is Correct, I thought at times last year his jumper seemed to have an awkward catch/pause in it.
His catch and shoot in this video scares me. He catches the ball at his chest, then brings the ball down to his waist (every time) before going into his shooting motion. No bueno.

Reaction Score
His catch and shoot in this video scares me. He catches the ball at his chest, then brings the ball down to his waist (every time) before going into his shooting motion. No bueno.

A dip in your 3 point shot is expected and taught by high level trainers. That dip is perfect. Quick and just to his waist.

Ray Allen dips the ball.

Steph, Booker, Reggie, Harden, you name it.

Klay sometimes doesn't.

NBA: Shooting Myths, One-Motion Shooting in basketball and the WNBA

This is the first link I found that has any info on the concept.

Last edited:

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
I don't know about "way" better. But I will agree he has the ability to be a great player on a great TEAM. Adams is a great player, but I don't know if he's shown that he can be the leader of a great team yet.

Westbrook comes to mind. Not play style, just as an example of a great player who won't be the leader of a top-tier team.
You can’t just say that, his teammates and coaches have stunk. He’s already been on a successful team (2016), and he’s the best player in this league. You can’t fault him for having injured, bad teammates and coaches.

Reaction Score
You can’t just say that, his teammates and coaches have stunk. He’s already been on a successful team (2016), and he’s the best player in this league. You can’t fault him for having injured, bad teammates and coaches.

I'm thinking more of his poor shooting from 3 than anything.

Edit: to clarify. I think he's an awesome player but his personality and style of play necessitate another star player to be a top 25-type team consistently. He's still clearly the top dog in the league

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A dip in your 3 point shot is expected and taught by high level trainers. That dip is perfect. Quick and just to his waist.

I thought exactly the same thing Thirty Three His release looks great but bringing the ball down makes the release slower. Apparently, we aren't right on that. I took a look Ray jumper here (Used this video because it slows it down. I'd only stick with it a 10-20 seconds)

I'm thinking that bringing the ball down are part the mechanics that help him get completely vertical, which gives him a consistent release.

Anyway, otherwise AG looks good.

Last edited:

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
His jumper always looked smooth. Pray to whatever god you have that he stays healthy. Even if it’s the toilet god.

C

Chief00

For what it’s worth he told me he is a “go”.
He is a wonderful kid. Can’t say enough about his good character.
#ChiefCertified

C

Chief00

Ray Allen dips the ball.

Steph, Booker, Reggie, Harden, you name it.

Klay sometimes doesn't.

NBA: Shooting Myths, One-Motion Shooting in basketball and the WNBA

This is the first link I found that has any info on the concept.

True, it’s where it's released. A little deep can get you some spring on elevating your legs.

Reaction Score
Maybe his shoulder hurt

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom