Alterique is feeling better! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Alterique is feeling better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What?

What he means is that up until now you were just imagining that anyone had requested your input, but now when you say "people have been asking" you can actually point to an instance of someone saying - albeit sarcastically - that they wanted your input.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
What he means is that up until now you were just imagining that anyone had requested your input, but now when you say "people have been asking" you can actually point to an instance of someone saying - albeit sarcastically - that they wanted your input.
It really wasn't worth me responding to, IMO. So, thanks...;)

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, that happens often, albeit sarcastic or not. Others don't just ask - they also view.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It really wasn't worth me responding to, IMO. So, thanks...;)
Reading this thread I thought there was going to be a Chief-BigErn interaction. I was correct about the interaction but wrong about the catalyst.

Thought this quote by AG would be the start of things:

"Up near the top of his class at Miller Grove, Gilbert's personality off the court, though different, had a similar effect – students seemed to gravitate, follow his lead. He mentions Kemba Walker, Napier, Boatright and Jerome Dyson as former Huskies he admired as a young fan, and now hopes to emulate."

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
"Up near the top of his class at Miller Grove, Gilbert's personality off the court, though different, had a similar effect – students seemed to gravitate, follow his lead. He mentions Kemba Walker, Napier, Boatright and Jerome Dyson as former Huskies he admired as a young fan, and now hopes to emulate."

We're on to Travis.

C

Chief00

Reading this thread I thought there was going to be a Chief-BigErn interaction. I was correct about the interaction but wrong about the catalyst.

Thought this quote by AG would be the start of things:

Quite frankly, I did noticed that and it surprised me - that Gilbert would have known of JD - mostly because at age 18 or so - looking back more than 5 years is a long time - and JD never made the NCAA tournament or NBA. It may surprise many posters but today JD agrees with many of my observations during his career. Calhoun always had a soft spot in his heart for Jerome although at the time, quite frankly, I thought it was a blind spot.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I did noticed that and it surprised me - that Gilbert would have known of JD - mostly because at age 18 or so - looking back more than 5 years is a long time - and JD never made the NCAA tournament or NBA.
Jerome Dyson never made the NCAA tournament

Chief 2016

C

Chief00

Jerome Dyson never made the NCAA tournament

Chief 2016

You should be a reporter like Jeff Jacobs because you take things out of context. I wasn't rubbing JD's nose in it - but I was wondering how Gilbert knew of JD without having the notoriety of NCAA Tournament or NBA. 5 years ago is a long time for a kid 18. Of course, they made the Final 4 in 2009 but Jerome was injuried. I won't go into cause and effect since Jerome today wishes he could take some things back and done things differently - especially with game prep.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I did noticed that and it surprised me - that Gilbert would have known of JD - mostly because at age 18 or so - looking back more than 5 years is a long time - and JD never made the NCAA tournament or NBA. It may surprise many posters but today JD agrees with many of my observations during his career. Calhoun always had a soft spot in his heart for Jerome although at the time, quite frankly, I thought it was a blind spot.
I hope you are just lonely and trolling for years on this message board is your outlet. The alternative is that you are seriously mentally ill and we're all guilty of egging you on.

Reaction Score
You should be a reporter like Jeff Jacobs because you take things out of context. I wasn't rubbing JD's nose in it - but I was wondering how Gilbert knew of JD without having the notoriety of NCAA Tournament or NBA. 5 years ago is a long time for a kid 18. Of course, they made the Final 4 in 2009 but Jerome was injuried. I won't go into cause and effect since Jerome today wishes he could take some things back and done things differently - especially with game prep.

You do remember Dyson played in the NCAAT in 2008. To his credit, he was our best player after AJP went down and make a couple of clutch plays down the stretch in a losing effort.

C

Chief00

You do remember Dyson played in the NCAAT in 2008. To his credit, he was our best player after AJP went down and make a couple of clutch plays down the stretch in a losing effort.

Unfortunately, he never won a NCAA tournament game. Quite frankly, I don't know how to say this without appearing mean to the non basketball types who sometimes post here but don't analyze the game. The fact is the team played with better chemistry without Jerome. Stanley really blossom after Jerome got injuried and for whatever reason Jerome never warmed up to Stanley or gave him the ball except as a bailout - Stanley was always one of the nicest kids to wear the uniform - I know Mrs Calhoun was very fond of him.

Jerome during his UConn career played very hard so Jim liked him - but my complaint was never about that - it was his lack of game prep - sneaking out the night before a day game, not paying attention and not executing the scouting report, catching the ball out of bounds ( drove Blaney crazy) and generally playing self centric or some would say selfish. As I recall the 9 turnover game against South FL was a real low point - after which JC challenged him a bit. Before then I think Jim had a real blind spot which was unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom