Alterique Gilbert named 2016 "Mr. Georgia Basketball" | The Boneyard

Alterique Gilbert named 2016 "Mr. Georgia Basketball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Alterique beat out Kobi Simmons (Arizona) for this spot, which is a great sign.

Previous winners of this award: Jaylen Brown (California), Brannen Greene (Kansas), Tony Parker (UCLA), Marcus Thornton, Derrick Favors, Al-Farouq Aminu, Louis Williams and Dwight Howard.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Love it. Really psyched for this kid. Just has that KEA type of feel/attitude to him. Not talking about their respective games, and just based on soft observation.

Hurry up and graduate kid. Want you on campus. Need you on campus.

Reaction Score
Love it. Really psyched for this kid. Just has that KEA type of feel/attitude to him. Not talking about their respective games, and just based on soft observation.

Hurry up and graduate kid. Want you on campus. Need you on campus.
This kid alone has me optimistic about the future, even with so many question marks this year. He looks like a warrior and flat out winner, who also has elite athleticism. I think he and Diarra will bring some sorely needed toughness to the team. Congrats Alterique.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Is that the same Robert Swain who had a cup of coffee with UConn in the early 2000's?

Reaction Score
I hope we temper our expectations of Gilbert. Sure he will help the team but to what extent is unknown.

Div 1 ball takes some adjusting so if Purvis returns, him coming off the bench will help his adjustment and development. He will be competing with Sam the Man for first guard off the bench. Lets see who wins that race first. (just kidding)

Reaction Score
I hope we temper our expectations of Gilbert. Sure he will help the team but to what extent is unknown.

Div 1 ball takes some adjusting so if Purvis returns, him coming off the bench will help his adjustment and development. He will be competing with Sam the Man for first guard off the bench. Lets see who wins that race first. (just kidding)

This. We already have this kid as an All-American. Obviously not, but we should all be painfully aware of what happens when our expectations are a bit too high.

Reaction Score

Gilbert will be starting from day 1, we've seen the evidence this year of what happens when a team doesn't have a point guard. I hope you were kidding about the comment that he will be competing with Sam.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The only expectation I have for Gilbert is that he comes here and becomes the next great UConn guard. (After Adams, but not really after...more like in conjunction with Adams.)

I'm never wrong about these things, so let your worries go.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
The only expectation I have for Gilbert is that he comes here and becomes the next great UConn guard. (After Adams, but not really after...more like in conjunction with Adams.)

Like when you gave me a hard time about not being sold on Rodney after last year? You did win with the Milsap thing. On the other hand, I think Alterique will be one of the next great UConn guards, so great minds and all that....my worries are fading... away....

Reaction Score

Good I was worried you might expect too much from him

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Like when you gave me a hard time about not being sold on Rodney after last year? You did win with the Milsap thing. On the other hand, I think Alterique will be one of the next great UConn guards, so great minds and all that....my worries are fading... away....

Paul Milsap gives me immunity forever.

It's not like I was touting Sammy Mejia like some crazy person....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom