Alright let's try this again. | The Boneyard

Alright let's try this again.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
If we can stay within 17.5 of anybody, it’s Tulsa!

Reaction Score
What else can one say besides let's hope next year is better

Nuff said because for me there is nothing else to say

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I remember the good old days when we used to be a good bad weather team, especially late in the season when we got the southern teams at home in winter conditions late in the season.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Randy is mailing it in and expects the rest of us to go along with his seamless transition to retirement life.
Don't forget the $300K+ his kid gets to tweet.

Reaction Score
I was hoping for much more this year but I think some of the criticism on this board is unfair and some of it if right on.
Unfair
Recruiting is very poor. We have more freshmen playing than anyone, but they are still freshmen. I can't think of any upper class men who should be playing that are not. Randy likes his freshman class and he brought in Pindell. Where would they be without him and the freshmen?
No improvement. The defense is still bad, but the offensive line is even better than last year's. BS had to run for his life on almost every play. Complete jail breaks. We don't see that anymore and have the semblance of a running game.
They don't teach fundamentals. Unless someone can prove to me that it is not happening in practice, this is unfair. Yes tackling is bad. Why? Some of it is underage players and some of it is being outclassed and then some of it is guys who don't love football. That doesn't mean they are not working on it. The O line seems to be getting it.
Right on
Turtle ball. Still upset about UMass. It should have been a win. Anyone in the AAC should know that you have to put up points. 30 against UMass should have been the minimum. They were more creative last year even the running game had more creativity.
Effort. I've witnessed lack of effort on D in particular. They are lacking fire. I remember many years ago watching some bad Chicago Bears team. They had two safeties who were just nasty (Plank and Fensik). Anyway, regardless of the score you can sill run around and have some fun. Wish we saw some of that.

Reaction Score
Randy is mailing it in and expects the rest of us to go along with his seamless transition to retirement life.
What should UConn do then? Should they change things up? If so what does that entail

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UConn needs to commit to football. We can't expect to win when we are dead last in the AAC at funding football coaching salaries. You get what you pay for. We pay for out-of-touch retreads and mediocre coordinators.

Reaction Score
UConn needs to commit to football. We can't expect to win when we are dead last in the AAC at funding football coaching salaries. You get what you pay for. We pay for out-of-touch retreads and mediocre coordinators.
The AD needs to step up too and get this ball rolling. He will spend money in every other sport than football. Stop being froogle and grow a pair and make this team better be able to find good coaching

Dooley

Reaction Score
The AD needs to step up too and get this ball rolling. He will spend money in every other sport than football. Stop being froogle and grow a pair and make this team better be able to find good coaching

Agree. I'm surprised and disappointed in AD Dave. He came in from a football school with football pedigree. I thought that of all the ADs we have ever had, that he understood that football is the only vessel for UConn to make more money. Yet here we are raising money for soccer and about to waste $45M on a 3 games a year hockey venue while getting pasted by another 1-7 team last night. Incredibly disappointed.

Reaction Score
Agree. I'm surprised and disappointed in AD Dave. He came in from a football school with football pedigree. I thought that of all the ADs we have ever had, that he understood that football is the only vessel for UConn to make more money. Yet here we are raising money for soccer and about to waste $45M on a 3 games a year hockey venue while getting pasted by another 1-7 team last night. Incredibly disappointed.
Yet everyone says we have no money for football unreal. This state is ridiculous in fact this state never embraced football. They are always dead set on every other sport. How about using that 45 million dollars on the football team

Reaction Score
The only word I have is horrendous. Uconn set this team up for failure

Dooley

Reaction Score
Yet everyone says we have no money for football unreal. This state is ridiculous in fact this state never embraced football. They are always dead set on every other sport. How about using that 45 million dollars on the football team

$45M could be used to finish paying off Diaco, buy out our entire coaching staff, AND hire a complete coaching staff on par with 95% of the P5, including high quality assistants. Then in 2021 when UConn is playing in the AAC Championship Game (and around the time when Notre Dame will feel real ACC pressure and Big 12 will need to decide their future), we will have something of real substance to complete our P5 resume and make it impossible for P5 conferences to continue to pass.

But I'm sure the Tuesday night hockey game against Brown in front of 25 or so students will be well worth it. Head bang

Reaction Score
$45M could be used to finish paying off Diaco, buy out our entire coaching staff, AND hire a complete coaching staff on par with 95% of the P5, including high quality assistants. Then in 2021 when UConn is playing in the AAC Championship Game (and around the time when Notre Dame will feel real ACC pressure and Big 12 will need to decide their future), we will have something of real substance to complete our P5 resume and make it impossible for P5 conferences to continue to pass.

But I'm sure the Tuesday night hockey game against Brown in front of 25 or so students will be well worth it. Head bang
I feel you that is too smart though

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
We need a new university president from a big time football school background that understands what's necessary to compete at a high level. Phil Austin may have been the last one. He came from Alabama, I think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom