Almost Two Decades | The Boneyard

Almost Two Decades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just barely 4 months shy of the 20 year mark, UConn basketball has evened the score against Florida. TWENTY FLIPPIN YEARS! Finally the Huskies restored order to the universe.

Back long before there was a Rentschler Field and UConn was a D1 football school, the Huskies were a big time basketball power. And, long before a northeast baseball program, like UConn, could compete with success against southern schools, the Huskies were a big time basketball power. As such, it would have been nice - and should have been a lock of a certainty - if UConn's big time basketball power would have made an easy go of dispatching a lesser talented Florida team in 1994. For once, it was the Gators who were the underdogs, who were not stepping into the frey in a sport (i.e., not football and not baseball) where they would have been huge favorites.

And still . . . . a couple of missed Donyell Marshall foul shot attempts and a "lights out" stretch of outside shooting in overtime by the Gators, enabled Florida to beat us, yet again, and in "our sport" to boot.

That loss always bothered me for a lot of stupid reasons (mainly having our State U be a good as other State U's). Oh how I hoped for a rematch. But . . . Florida would either get bumped out of tourney ('99 ???) or be placed in another bracket that required both teams to play for the NC if they were to meet at all. Didn't happen of course. But now the score has been settled. Go UConn, nice job, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom