Allie Ziebell makes U19 World Cup Team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Allie Ziebell makes U19 World Cup Team

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Maybe KK is going to enroll early and join the team on their overseas tour?? I dont know when she has to be enrolled by but it could be a possibility?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Maybe KK is going to enroll early and join the team on their overseas tour?? I dont know when she has to be enrolled by but it could be a possibility?
Do incoming frosh players at UConn enroll for summer sessions? If so, she should make that tour.
(ND freshman report for summer session classes in mid-June, so I was guessing UConn does a similar thing.)

Reaction Score
Do incoming frosh players at UConn enroll for summer sessions? If so, she should make that tour.
(ND freshman report for summer session classes in mid-June, so I was guessing UConn does a similar thing.)
I’d hope all of them would do that, as long as it didn’t cost them a year of eligibility

Reaction Score
Of course she’ll be on the oversees tour. Classes start in June, all freshman will likely be on campus at the end of may to start the summer session.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I think incoming frosh come for the first summer session; I expect they will be on campus 10-12 days from now.

Reaction Score
KK was cut with younger players out playing her.
As far as I can tell, three of the four pgs were rising sophomores and the one who was not was ranked higher than KK! I’m sorry for her as she presumably wanted to be on that team but if I’m completely honest, I’m just as happy she got cut. Less chance of injury, a chance to get more rest away from the court, and hopefully a fully rested, hungry KK on the Europe trip. Not sure what your intent was with what, in all fairness, was a bit of a snarky remark, but I’m pretty sure the vast majority of us here are still very happy to have her on the team!

Reaction Score
Given the risk of serious injury and learning bad BB habits, why is Geno even allowing incoming recruits to play in these summer events?

Reaction Score
Given the risk of serious injury and learning bad BB habits, why is Geno even allowing incoming recruits to play in these summer events?
What bad habits are they going to learn playing for USA Basketball? I would counter that playing international rules could be beneficial for players because it challenges them to play a different style of basketball. They will be playing for quality coaches and get to challenge themselves against good competition.

Injuries can happen during AAU season. This is an area where I believe more bad habits are developed in comparison based on what I've seen at events over the years. Not to mention, the volume of games played in a day without sufficient time for recovery increases the potential for injury. You'll be lucky to see athletic trainers on staff helping to ensure that players get proper treatment. Injuries could also happen from over training with a lot of these players working with personal trainers in their spare time.

sun

Reaction Score
Because Geno has benefited by coaching national teams in the past and it wouldn't be right to interfere with any national team roster.
It's up to the individual to decide if they want to participate or not, and coaches are relatively powerless to do anything about it anyway.
The players aren't employees or slaves, so anything that he'd try to do would only cause friction and damage his reputation.
Elite players wouldn't want to play for UConn if they couldn't grow their image & experience.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom