Alleyne Deep Dive | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Alleyne Deep Dive

Reaction Score
This is why I think he'll be the 6th man off the bench
Credit for not giving up on Samson in the starting lineup but we just gotta assume the senior that’s averaged almost 30mpg for his career is gonna start over the sophomore that played like 30 minutes total last year, at least to begin the season.

If our offense with three Gs and AJ at the 4 isn’t making up for our lack of rebounding and interior D then Hurley will make a change.

I Also think we’re getting a backup CG whether it’s a transfer or castle so we won’t need alleyne to fill that role.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Watch from the two to four minute mark at the beginning of the game and last 4 and 1/2 minutes of regulation plus the first minute of overtime to get an idea of Alleyne's skill set on offense. In those last four and 1/2 minutes plus first minute of overtime he drives a lot to the basket.

He missed a three with ten seconds in regulation which would have tied the game, Florida misses two free throws, Alleyne gets the ball with 1.9 seconds remaining and made the three for the tie.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I watched the Xavier game from the tape supplied (thanks, great to watch a broadcast without commercials!). I watched him throughout the game. Overall a steady performer on offense and defense. Made some big 3's in the last 9 mins. Talented physically and sneaky fast. Looks like he can play calm but perform in pressure situations. Looks like a good teammate and good catch by the staff.

Reaction Score

so this probably means he wouldnt get anything out of using his extra covid year? i'm assuming he's going to be getting his masters this year and it seems like most grad transfers (which he technically is now) do 1 year masters programs?

was hoping he'd still be around whenever castle gets here

Last edited:
Reaction Score
so this probably means he wouldnt get anything out of using his extra covid year? i'm assuming he's going to be getting his masters this year and it seems like most grad transfers (which he technically is now) do 1 year masters programs?

was hoping he'd still be around whenever castle gets here
He can take as many classes towards as many degrees as he wants while on scholarship...

Reaction Score
He can take as many classes towards as many degrees as he wants while on scholarship...
thanks...? he also has to be accepted into the program and complete it while he's still on scholarship otherwise he has to pay himself. if we know what program he wants to be in then we'll have a good idea whether he plans to spend 1 or 2 years here.

Reaction Score
thanks...? he also has to be accepted into the program and complete it while he's still on scholarship otherwise he has to pay himself. if we know what program he wants to be in then we'll have a good idea whether he plans to spend 1 or 2 years here.
I'm sure the staff knows players intentions when coming in (whether or not they're considering using the extra COVID year) but as a fan that likes projecting down the line, it's tough. I've wondered is Newton a 2-year piece?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
If he wants to be at UConn for two years, the staff will make it happen. I just want to celebrate a guy who graduated in three years while playing a major sport. Way to go, Nahiem!
Not too many do that. It's a big challenge but some people like challenges. I noticed his calmness throughout the contest displayed on this thread. Okafor had the traits of calmness under fire and finished in three years. Leadership traits.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom