Alley Oop Play for Bouk/Andre | The Boneyard

Alley Oop Play for Bouk/Andre

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
We ran a couple successful back door alley oop plays for Bouk last night. Wondering why we arent running more/any for Andre.
Obviously tough to do when he is in foul trouble, but lets put that aside.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's tougher to run the play for Andre since the defenders slack off him 2-3 steps. Everyone knows Jackson can't shoot so they don't press him making a backdoor screen harder to get him free.

Bouk can shoot so the defenders have to guard him 20' from the basket making the back door alley oop much easier.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
We ran a couple successful back door alley oop plays for Bouk last night. Wondering why we arent running more/any for Andre.
Obviously tough to do when he is in foul trouble, but lets put that aside.
I don't know if it was by design, but that first oop in the 2nd half triggered something in Bouk. Once we ran that play and he floated to the rim as wide open as it's possible to be, the funk he'd been in until that point left the building. Bouk became Bouk again. He stopped deferring and started making plays.

Reaction Score
I don't know if it was by design, but that first oop in the 2nd half triggered something in Bouk. Once we ran that play and he floated to the rim as wide open as it's possible to be, the funk he'd been in until that point left the building. Bouk became Bouk again. He stopped deferring and started making plays.
The play was designed to give him confidence, and well done to coach for giving him something to get him going

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
It's tougher to run the play for Andre since the defenders slack off him 2-3 steps. Everyone knows Jackson can't shoot so they don't press him making a backdoor screen harder to get him free.

Bouk can shoot so the defenders have to guard him 20' from the basket making the back door alley oop much easier.
Watching the replay a couple more times you can see the defender trying to stick with him over the screen because he is a threat to shoot, so I definitely get what youre saying. But, the way it was run, there was so much congestion in the lane it was wide open in the backside so I am not sure any defender is going under all that.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
That confidence is something I think we could get going in Andre as well. Not saying he needs 10 shots a game, but he needs to be a threat to score while he is out there.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Ever since he had the big first half against PC, and was then shut down, he's looked different. Double and triple teamed. Our chat folks complaining about him. He tried to do too much and beat 3 guys himself. But I also think his teammates weren't giving him an outlet for us to beat those doubles, were not rotating behind him. So he has looked frustrated.

Last year I commented on how he was often unhappy with AG not seeing the play. Bouk would hand off, see an opening, make a move to get free and the ball would reverse the other way. Essentially the same kind of play as that Oop. I think Bouk needs to play with Jackson as much as possible. People say Polley to get him space, forget that. He needs the one guy who reads the defense and sees the seems like he does. Martin is probably next best at it. Cole is improving.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
the 'play' was begun last year with james' pal jmoney, and executed multiple times. as this season got underway, mostly rj then tyrese tried it, often throwing it away. now that comfort and experience levels grow with each game, more passers get the hang of it. andre's chances to receive it grow steadily by the week. in james' case, obviously the left side of the rim is where it happens, so rj from deep right can be a sweet spot for it. he's left handed. often, it takes a while before opposing players can get it in their heads that the guy they are guarding is left-handed, a well understood dynamic by most lefty ballers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom