Allen Iverson Gives Shoutout To Kevin Ollie During Hall of Fame Acceptance Speec | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Allen Iverson Gives Shoutout To Kevin Ollie During Hall of Fame Acceptance Speec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Paesano's posts are so bad. This idea that KO and UConn are the obvious and only choice for anyone serious about their game is just so silly.

AI's speech was great. Love Bubba Chuck. One of a kind and I'm glad to see him looking healthy.
Why are you hell bent on making a fool of yourself? You make crap up just to have something to argue about. You are captain strawman. I never said KO is the only choice and I didn't even imply that he is the obvious choice. What I said was that he is a damn good choice to the point where I would think he lands at least one of his top targets every year. If Sean Miller can, KO should be able to also.

And before you bring up the squid or ratface, I am not saying he should be landing 4 or 5 or 6 mcd all stars every year. One or two would be nice and not unreasonable given his rep and his unusually high level of success this early in his career.

Reaction Score
Yes. Where should I start?

I'll agree with you that the coach is usually the most important factor. But just saying the coach and his personality doesn't cover everything about a coach. For example, what kind of style does he play and does it fit what I want to do? How can he get me better? What has he done with other players similar to me? How many guys has that coach help get to the NBA? There are a myriad of factors just with the coach.

And having hot girls is over stated. I think the weather is probably more of a factor. Most kids like the warm weather of these schools that have hot girls.

i actually agree with this point, d1 athletes get the top percentile at whatever school they go to. The overall depth of good looking women is overrated. its similar to the 'location' selling point for nba free agents, those guys have houses in LA and vacation in mykonos for half the year.

Reaction Score
Sure but, for the top kids who have NBA aspirations, the coach is the overwhelmingly biggest factor.

And UConn has enough hot girls.

Are there any other factors?
Paesano I agree that we should get those higher quality recruits for all the right reasons like KO. I go to Tuscon a lot and always go to the campus, which is a huge long flat green (burned out grass) with buildings on both sides of it. UCONN is just as nice maybe nicer now, but they have some beautiful weather even though both ends of their year are beyond hot. Tuscon is a pretty nice town with lots to do and not oversized like Phoenix. So January is 65-70. Feb 70-75 and so on. We're sitting here at 35 degrees. I know it sounds petty but kids are easily swayed by weather. And then there's the conference difference......

Reaction Score
Paesano I agree that we should get those higher quality recruits for all the right reasons like KO. I go to Tuscon a lot and always go to the campus, which is a huge long flat green (burned out grass) with buildings on both sides of it. UCONN is just as nice maybe nicer now, but they have some beautiful weather even though both ends of their year are beyond hot. Tuscon is a pretty nice town with lots to do and not oversized like Phoenix. So January is 65-70. Feb 70-75 and so on. We're sitting here at 35 degrees. I know it sounds petty but kids are easily swayed by weather. And then there's the conference difference.
Oh, I get it. My son is looking at schools in CA. But, keep in mind, I am talking only about the best of the best recruits. I am talking about the kids who believe the will be in the NBA in a year or two, max. My working assumption is that getting there ASAP and being as ready as possibly are the highest priorities, by far. Weather is nice and having 10X more hot women around than you could possibly have time for is nice too. And they would be huge factors if I planned on sticking around for 4 years. But one year? Get into the NBA and become a star and you can choose where you live and have hot women for the entire rest of your life.

Reaction Score
Michael Jordan once drove through New Jersey. #RutgersStrong
Not to mention MSG is really close to N.J., it's just a boat-ride across a river. #RutgersStrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom