All the visitors Sunday | Page 4 | The Boneyard

All the visitors Sunday

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Were you there? Was it not a good atmosphere? We were all hoping Gampel would be electric because of Ray and the recruits would feel it and want to commit on the spot..or very soon!

I already said I was watching it on TV. It sounded good. But some of those in attendance disagreed.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
"Free throws are a very difficult skill"

Still scratching my head over that call.

Ray's speech (and Q&A) in the Student Union before the game was essentially centered around the skill and pressure involved in shooting free throws. Used FTs as a metaphor to make a number of points about basketball and life in general...pretty cool speech, and just awe-inspiring to be in the same room as a legend.

I thought Gampel was bumping other than that 6-8 minute stretch in the 2nd half. When Collins missed one of his free throws at the end the place absolutely erupted...and Hurley getting the crowd in it when things looked iffy obviously had everyone on their feet. Thought it was a great environment for the recruits to experience. I still can't get that tweet by Purvis earlier this year outta my head (after Cuse maybe?): "Vibe's different..."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Do you think a team that was made up of all the recruits that were at today’s game could compete with our current team?

Reaction Score
I was in Section 116 and didn't think it was a horrible atmosphere. I've been to worse there.
I saw Gaffney and Bouknight there - they sat across the aisle from each other behind the UConn bench and chatted prior to the game and once twice during it. The second or third row behind the bench had a full capacity of recruits and one or two of them talked to Ray during the game. Love to see that.

Reaction Score
Agreed. That was the flattest non-holiday crowd GP crowd I have seen in a long time. Considering the day, it was disappointing.
I can’t blame the crowd though. There was nothing to be excited about for the first 35 minutes. Just bad basketball on both sides.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hartford’s been better recently. Gampel was dead today.
Its a different crowd in that in Hartford you can get a larger crowd and the additional are usually a more boisterous fan The Gampel people, especially in the lower bowl are older folks (like me!) and they tend to be more reserved (not like me! I tend to be much louder than my neighbors)
It will get louder as the team gets more competitive
Not sure if the flow of the game today, with no 3's to excite the fans, would allow the fans to be involved until the very end

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20190303-214229_Instagram.jpg

Reaction Score
Also Cam Thomas did insta live and said best part of his Uconn visit was atmosphere and that ray was a cool dude.....that's all I got lol
He also said he is not considering reclassing. Said uconn is showing a lot of love, but he did complain about the snow haha

Reaction Score
I can’t blame the crowd though. There was nothing to be excited about for the first 35 minutes. Just bad basketball on both sides.

Fair point. I was surprised by the number of empty seats. But was also nice to see the crowd respond for the final five minutes.

I bumped into one of visiting recruits, dude had to be 6'10". Rail thin, but tall as hell with broad shoulders.

Reaction Score
I was in Section 116 and didn't think it was a horrible atmosphere. I've been to worse there.
I saw Gaffney and Bouknight there - they sat across the aisle from each other behind the UConn bench and chatted prior to the game and once twice during it. The second or third row behind the bench had a full capacity of recruits and one or two of them talked to Ray during the game. Love to see that.
Is that allowed?:oops:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom