All Stewie Does Is Win Championships | The Boneyard

All Stewie Does Is Win Championships

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This thread is not intended to be yet another GOAT discussion. It is intended to acknowledge that WBB has never seen a more versatile and impactful player than Breanna Mackenzie (Baldwin) Stewart. I could go on at length about all the individual accolades Stewie has collected through the years, but my greater goal is to draw attention to the incredible number of championship teams Stewie has played on, usually as the star of those teams.

Stewie’s Cicero-North HS team won 2 NY State AA championships. At the age of 14, she helped her USA team win the U-16 World Championship. At the age of 15 she helped her USA team win the U-17 World Championship, leading the team in blocks and 2nd in scoring. At the age of 16, Stewie helped her USA team win the U-19 World Championships. Although Stewie was one of the youngest players on that team, she lead the team in scoring, making the all-tournament team. In the 2011 PanAm games, against predominantly professional teams, Stewie was the only HS player on a US squad that otherwise consisted of college players. While the US did not win that tournament, Stewie lead the team in scoring, rebounding and blocks.

There’s a pattern emerging here. Stewie, often the youngest player on the team, was typically the best player on the team. She won two more FIBA age specific championships on the U18 & U19 teams in 2012 & 2013. By that time, Stewie was in college racking up national championships with UConn, 4 to be precise fulfilling her bold prediction in the process. Add in two WNBA Championships, two Senior Women’s World Championships and two Olympic Gold medals and it’s pretty clear that all Stewie does is win championships.

Stewie’s incredible combination of size, skill, athleticism, basketball IQ, and ability to raise her game on the biggest stage is something we’ve never quite seen in WBB. EDD, Parker and others are similar players, but nobody really rises to Stewie’s level. Someone suggested that “Kevin Durant is the Breanna Stewart of MBB.” That’s about as close as anyone gets.

The most impressive thing about Stewie is that she continues to get better. Watching her this year in the W and during the Olympics, she’s running the court as well as ever. Her handle, court awareness, passing, midrange game, ability to play through contact and hit shots with a defender in her face have all improved significantly. As much as Stewie has accomplished, it’s easy to forget that she’s only 26. I will repeat what I said a few days ago. So long as Stewie is on the US National Team, every other country is playing for second place.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So we should pencil the Storm in as sure WNBA champions (3peat).

Too bad the Commissioners Cup (Storm vs CT) game on Thursday will be without Stewie and Sue . Maybe Katie Lou goes off.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
pro tip: when breanna plays, ur watching, and reasonable expecting, to see an athlete only comparable to mariano rivera or tom brady.
here's an example, pre olympic finals:
'wait, whut? a question aboot who will win the game for all the marbles where the greatest player of all time in the sport, who hasn't reached age 27 yet, is playing? seriously?
let's review her resume since her days of underoos:
team? championship.
her? mvp.
every other team and player also appearing in a big game? not that
.'

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

Too bad the Commissioners Cup (Storm vs CT) game on Thursday will be without Stewie and Sue . Maybe Katie Lou goes off.
Not quite a 3peat. Seattle won in 2018 & 2020. Washington won in 2019 when both Stewie & Sue were sidelined with injuries.

Reaction Score

Haven't read anywhere that Stewie, and Sue aren't playing. They both tweet a lot and I haven't seen any tweet they aren't playing.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Stewie is who first made me a UConn fan. First saw her in person when she took over at the Big East championship game in 2013 and barely succumbed to Notre Dame. Last time she lost to the Domers over the next four years... Between her and Geno, I was sold.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Haven't read anywhere that Stewie, and Sue aren't playing. They both tweet a lot and I haven't seen any tweet they aren't playing.
Oh. I just assumed they would not be ready so soon after the Olympics. I thought I saw that Napheesa and Fowles were not going to be ready for their first game.

Reaction Score
Stewie is all the things that have been said, and with that she has always been understated. She obviously loves the game and sizes up what needs to be done at every moment and then she does it. Scoring, rebounding, steals, blocks, strategic fouls, passing, taking key charges and assisting teammates at every turn, without show-boating or taunting. I don't know how she could do more. Oh, maybe by playing every minute of every game! No one is better than Breanna.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Stewie’s theme?

Reaction Score
Stewie is all the things that have been said, and with that she has always been understated. She obviously loves the game and sizes up what needs to be done at every moment and then she does it. Scoring, rebounding, steals, blocks, strategic fouls, passing, taking key charges and assisting teammates at every turn, without show-boating or taunting. I don't know how she could do more. Oh, maybe by playing every minute of every game! No one is better than Breanna.
The only person Japan tried to double 5 times, and the USA got an easy basket every time, they finally realized not a bright idea.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yes, Stewie, Sue and Jewell will play. That is a compessed timeline but 500K is 500K

Inaugural WNBA Commissioner’s Cup Championship Game: what you need to know, key storylines, how to watch - Hartford Courant

The Sun didn’t have any Olympians, so their players were able to go on vacation and mentally/physically reset before returning to Connecticut for a de-facto training camp over the last two weeks. Meanwhile, the Storm’s Breanna Stewart, Jewell Loyd and Sue Bird just got back from Tokyo, as did Australians Ezi Magbegor and Stephanie Talbot. The Olympians not only need to re-integrate into the Storm’s system, but are coming off a brutal stretch of games and travel. Storm coach Noelle Quinn said Monday that Bird, Stewart and Loyd are expected to practice with the team Wednesday and be ready for Thursday

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
"All Stewie does is win championships". And hearts my friend. And hearts. What is so interesting is this Michael Jordan connection. She's never failed to win a championship that she's played in (I think) and only once has she failed to win the MVP as well. Pretty rarefied air she's in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom