All Star Selections Let the Whining Begin | The Boneyard

All Star Selections Let the Whining Begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Convinces me that HS players should never be rated due to the lack of an even evaluation field.

But I almost had a sense of deja vu seeing the "a willingness to make uniformed assumptions" remark in the piece, because in a recent post we had a lot of fun about the switching of "uniformed" for "uninformed" in an article.

So can we make a uniform statement and declare that everyone is too uninf0rmed nowadays to know how to spell "uninformed"? Especially those zebra uniformed people on the ball court who appear to be uninformed about assault and battery rules.

Reaction Score
Convinces me that HS players should never be rated due to the lack of an even evaluation field.

But I almost had a sense of deja vu seeing the "a willingness to make uniformed assumptions" remark in the piece, because in a recent post we had a lot of fun about the switching of "uniformed" for "uninformed" in an article.

So can we make a uniform statement and declare that everyone is too uninf0rmed nowadays to know how to spell "uninformed"? Especially those zebra uniformed people on the ball court who appear to be uninformed about assault and battery rules.

No problem, mate... just fixed it. (on edit: Sorry, spelling fix didn't work.)

Last edited:

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
No problem, mate... just fixed it. (on edit: Sorry, spelling fix didn't work.)
Peachy, some of us get hung up on typos, especially when like the lose/loose mix-up we keep seeing the same ones repeated. As said, the many issues with getting an even and comprehensive evaluation field for HS ballplayers are hard to get a handle on, but it does explain the often gigantic difference in how the services rate a player.

Reaction Score
Interesting piece, even if a bit overstated/pompous. In the end the whinning will continue unabated because all forms of evaluation have a certain degree of uncontrollable judgements. Most of us, for example, are going to look for, and find reason(s), to vote against a foul-mouthed kid in favor of someone with next then the same skill-sets for All-American, etc. And only those who are in the right places at all the right times get notice-- the others should be blame for not being in the right places at all the right time-- if they want to be in the pool. It's like the lottery thing-- your chances of winning might be null, but is absolutely zero if you do not play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom