All SNY Games Will Be On ESPN3 | The Boneyard

All SNY Games Will Be On ESPN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Is ESPN3 available on regular TV, or only on the internet? I wonder if I could use my "smart TV" to access it thru the web?

Reaction Score
Is ESPN3 available on regular TV, or only on the internet? I wonder if I could use my "smart TV" to access it thru the web?
It depends on what "package" you have through your provider. I have standard Time Warner (now Spectrum). I get ESPN and ESPN2 as regular channels through my TV cable system. I am entitled to watch ESPN3, but I must access via the online "WatchESPN" app. I believe some packages make ESPN3 available as a regular TV channel.

Reaction Score
I have found most smart tvs do not support the flash player being used on ESPN3.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It depends on what "package" you have through your provider. I have standard Time Warner (now Spectrum). I get ESPN and ESPN2 as regular channels through my TV cable system. I am entitled to watch ESPN3, but I must access via the online "WatchESPN" app. I believe some packages make ESPN3 available as a regular TV channel.

I stream the games on my iPad or iPhone and then connect to my TV through AppleTV. It is a real easy little device to use. Of course, that requires being on Apple products.

Reaction Score
I stream the games on my iPad or iPhone and then connect to my TV through AppleTV. It is a real easy little device to use. Of course, that requires being on Apple products.
It works similarly on Android and mirroring to the TV from the app. But, I have Roku (similar to AlppleTV) so I just watch WatchESPN on the TV through Roku.

Enjoy the games. Our Thursday game is the one I'm worried about though, lets see, who do we play Thursday? :rolleyes:

I'm just hoping Lauren Cox doesn't hit her stride until next year. :eek:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It works similarly on Android and mirroring to the TV from the app. But, I have Roku (similar to AlppleTV) so I just watch WatchESPN on the TV through Roku.

Enjoy the games. Our Thursday game is the one I'm worried about though, lets see, who do we play Thursday? :rolleyes:

I'm just hoping Lauren Cox doesn't hit her stride until next year. :eek:

Lauren is still learning like all freshmen, but she really seems to be an intelligent player and you can already hear her directing the defense. She reminds me of Dolson a great bit, although she is a better mover and can really get up and down the court much better than I expected. She is often the first one down the court. I am really excited about the chemistry that I am seeing between Cox, Brown and Mompremier. They work together very well and will get a lot of easy baskets this year as a result.

With the post players we have this season I am not sure that Nina Davis is going to get much time at the 4 position, which is where she is most comfortable. And from what I've seen so far her outside shot is still no better than it has been. I don't think she spent much of her summer shooting from 15 - 20 feet.

Reaction Score
Lauren is still learning like all freshmen, but she really seems to be an intelligent player and you can already hear her directing the defense. She reminds me of Dolson a great bit, although she is a better mover and can really get up and down the court much better than I expected. She is often the first one down the court. I am really excited about the chemistry that I am seeing between Cox, Brown and Mompremier. They work together very well and will get a lot of easy baskets this year as a result.

With the post players we have this season I am not sure that Nina Davis is going to get much time at the 4 position, which is where she is most comfortable. And from what I've seen so far her outside shot is still no better than it has been. I don't think she spent much of her summer shooting from 15 - 20 feet.
Yeah, you guys are looking - - oh, excuse me, all y'all are looking pretty good... that's why I'm worried about Thursday. I think Lauren Cox is going to be a franchise player. Wish we were able to convince her to come north. She's gonna be a Baylor superstar.

Reaction Score

Why do you need the iPad or phone? You can watch the games directly through AppleTV as they carry WatchESPN.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Why do you need the iPad or phone? You can watch the games directly through AppleTV as they carry WatchESPN.

I've been debating on whether or not to purchase AppleTV. ATV is not an inexpensive purchase. But after reading what you and East Texas said about it, I'm going to bite the bullet and purchase one.
Now I won't have to purchase the sports package from DirecTV for 3 months, so as to have access to SNY. Thanks. :)

Reaction Score
For what it's worth SlingTV has ESPN3 as part of its lineup. This would be the first thing I've ever seen worth watching on any of the ESPN let's talk for 23 hours a day about sports network but there you go.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
We have had Apple TV for a while now. Got it when we started cable cutting. We can get ESPN3 either through the laptop, iPhone or iPad or go directly to Watch ESPN. And yes, we have had apple products forever.

Now that we are Florida residents, this will be even better! BTW - we already have our tickets to the UCF and USF games!

Reaction Score
I get ESPN3 with my Apple TV thru Netflix...

Reaction Score
For anyone like me who ends up watching some games on watch espn replay I can report that I have been watching a lot of college soccer on it this fall and haven't had any issues (freezing, jumping, inability to pause and restart, etc.) that were common for me last season. Hopefully that will be the same for the Uconn games.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Can you watch them online if you fall within SNY's market (you know, if you live in Connecticut)?

Reaction Score
Can you watch them online if you fall within SNY's market (you know, if you live in Connecticut)?
I think yes. ESPN3 is the online ESPN. As well you have the ESPN in your cable provider you should be able to watch ESPN3 in any place of the US.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I went out of my way to manipulate my cable package on Verizon FIOS so that I could get SNY included in the package at the same price or close to it. After haggling I got it done and was surprised that SNY is not offered in HD in my area (Philly Suburbs). I didn't even think to ask. Who does SD channels in a cable package anymore?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Also look into Amazon Fire stick. We just got one so we can do the HBO/Starzz apps and join them when our shows are on. We did ESPN on the device and it wasn't bad. It's also convenient for traveling and we used it with grandkids in a hotel to keep them busy.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

I was not aware of that. I will have to check it out.

Reaction Score
For what it's worth SlingTV has ESPN3 as part of its lineup. This would be the first thing I've ever seen worth watching on any of the ESPN let's talk for 23 hours a day about sports network but there you go.

I take it back. Now Sling has UConn on ESPN2 at 4pm, eastern time, I presume, and Texas/Stanford at 6.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Speaking of amazon fire tv stick, it's on sale today for $29.99. We have noticed that the picture is much clearer and less jiggly using the WatchESPN app than trying to hook up a laptop to the tv.

Reaction Score
I'm finding the games are blacked out on ESPN3 and same with the replays, bummer! I am extremely grateful to the Boneyard member TCF15 who posts the replays on Youtube.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Speaking of amazon fire tv stick, it's on sale today for $29.99. We have noticed that the picture is much clearer and less jiggly using the WatchESPN app than trying to hook up a laptop to the tv.
I think the Fire Stick works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog