All-NCAA team? | The Boneyard

All-NCAA team?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Saw this on Twitter and it got me to thinking - if you could put together a roster of 8 players to take to the NCAAs, who would you choose? This isn’t an All-American list where you just choose the most talented, the players have to be the types that would mesh together well. I’m looking for a TEAM not a bunch of great shooters/scorers that want to play hero-ball

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Wow, that's a pretty good 5 person lineup. I'm afraid I don't watch enough games of other teams, even though this year is the first time that I am taking advantage of my ESPN+ and have actually watched quite a few.
I would add these guys to these 5:
Naylssa Smith
Ayoka Lee
Naz Hillmon

Reaction Score
Paige Clark mikiesell HJones
Boston Morrow ALee NSmith

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
a roster of 8 players to take to the NCAAs , who would you choose?
Paige Bueckers
NaLyssa Smith
Aliyah Boston
Ashley Joens
Naz Hillmon
Cameron Brink
Caitlin Clark
Caroline Ducharme (tough call over Haley Jones) :D

Reaction Score
BOSTON, Bueckers, Hillman, C. Clark, M. Holmes ( I'm
from Maine, so I'll add one home State player. )

Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers
NaLyssa Smith
Aliyah Boston
Ashley Joens
Naz Hillmon
Cameron Brink
Caitlin Clark
Caroline Ducharme (tough call over Haley Jones) :D
Nice list but Haley Jones deserves that last spot.

Ayoka Lee (mobility, range) & Aneesah Morrow (size) both outstanding but more limited / less versatile than the bigs that make this cut.

I would also give Maddy Siegrist an honorable mention.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Nice list but Haley Jones deserves that last spot.
Ayoka Lee (mobility, range) & Aneesah Morrow (size) both outstanding but more limited / less versatile than the bigs that make this cut.
Make note of the :D. Haley Jones is actually the final pick.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'll take the bait. I'm building a team, not an all-star team. My team is based on players I've seen; there are a lot of teams I haven't seen or seen much this season.

5: Aliyah Boston.
Stretch 4-5: Makenzie Holmes
4-5: Naz Hillmon
3-4: Nalyssa Smith
3-4: Ashley Joens
2-3: Lexie Hull
2-3: Grace Berger
1-2: Paige Bueckers
1: Olivia Miles

Boston, Holmes, Hillmon, Smith, and Bueckers are no-brainers for me.

Holmes and Boston can both play high and low post and both are good passers and rim protectors. I think they could certainly play together, not as sure either could play with Hillmon. That's my biggest concern with that roster. But Hillmon seems to be able to hit anything from any angle or with any coverage within about 8 feet of the basket.

Smith and Joens are both really skilled and can play just about anywhere on the floor.

Miles is a really good pass-first point guard and seems to be a team player to me.

I assume Hull and Berger won't be on most people's lists, but these are really talented glue players who do everything and leave it all on the court. Both score, rebound, and pass. When there's a play to be made by diving on the floor, they'll be involved. I couldn't decide between the two of them, so my team is nine.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I'd have:
C-Boston, no brainer

F-Smith, extremely athletic and just knows how to score

F-H. Jones, glue player who would do well in lesser role. Can put her anywhere.

G-Clark, lights out scorer and distributor

G-Bueckers, lights out shooter and distributor.

Bench rotation players:

Cameron Brink-subs for Smith/Boston. Foul prone but a great 2 way player.

Aliyah Matharu-odd ball pick, but she is insanely lethal when she gets hot and can be instant offense and create her own shot. Very quick and seems to thrive in a spark plug role. Fewest minutes on team.

Grace Berger-another really good glue player who doesn't command as much attention but will do her job extremely effectively.

Left out Hillmon/Lee since neither has any range on their shot. A front court trio of Boston/Brink/Smith is going to be impossible to score against and all are very good offensively. Love Holmes/Morrow but they didn't make the cut.

Picking guard/wing play was more difficult for bench players. Pointer would probably be my 9th pick since she's a good shooter and distributor. Miles is good but haven't watched enough ND this year. PG should be locked and loaded with Clark/Bueckers.

Joens probably takes Berger's spot but Ashley is somewhat of a volume shooter and I wouldn't want to deal with her dad. Howard's overall demeanor doesn't scream team player so I left her off. Horston/Burrell are too inconsistent. Fudd was an option for Matharu's role but she's too streaky right now from the limited games she's played. Robertson/Mikesell were options too but I think Matharu is more dangerous so I went with her. Ducharme in a year or 2 could nab a spot if she develops a more consistent perimeter shot.

Fun to think about. Thanks Nan.

Reaction Score
PG Paige Bueckers UCONN
SG Caitlin Clark Iowa
SF Lexie Hull Stanford
PF Nalyssa Smith Baylor
C Aliyah Boston SoCar
Off the bench:
F/C Naz Hillmon Michigan
W/F Ashley Joens Iowa St.
C Cameron Brink Stanford
F Aneesah Morrow DePaul
SG Maddy Siegrist Villanova
PG Te-Hina PaoPao Oregon

Reaction Score
If Azzi keeps playing like she is right now I'd take her over any guard in the country. I love her efficiency. Very few turnovers. Shooting at a high percentage. Decent defense overall. No way she gets it but she is playing well enough right now for consideration.

I can't put Haley Jones on that team as a guard right now. I was a huge fan and still am but her numbers don't justify it this year.

Morrow (4)
Boston (5)
Nalyssa Smith (3)
Olivia Miles ( 1)
Azzi (2)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members