All is not lost | Page 2 | The Boneyard

All is not lost

Reaction Score
The point was made that the incoming 8 are already better then last year. What proof? My point, we have not seen the incoming 8 play so we don't know if they are better
The opening thread is “All is not lost”. The sky is falling crowd is going nuts because some unproven players bailed this past couple weeks. “Hurley can’t develop freshman” “Hurley can’t recruit” “Hurley is a joke”.
You don’t think this is over-reacting?
We lost talent (Cole, Martin, Polley, Whaley) like most college teams. And we have new talent coming in (with more yet to come).
Every fan in the country wonders how their team will develop from November to March. If it was all known ahead then why would anyone follow?

Reaction Score
I think a lot of posters are freaking out about losing players before we know what the full roster will be.

I think people have been seduced by the notion that we need to be 10-11 deep, which isn't necessarily true. All a strong team needs is 8 or so deep; with the right mix of skills. Last season everybody was so in love with our depth "mirage". We really only had about 7 impactful players and yet we were ranked almost all year.

I feel like a team that goes 10-11 deep is really saying that they don't have 7 really good players. Kind of like a football team with two quarterbacks not really having a starting quarterback.

Last season's roster wasn't totally complimentary (i.e. the Sanogo/Whaley dilemma), had difficulty in the half court set, would only win if long range shots were falling, etc.

The roster re-configuration that isn't quite done yet may actually allow us to improve in-season AND conference results.

Stay calm and carry on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco
Top Bottom