All in | The Boneyard

All in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I had the Michigan fight song in my head all day. Frankly I don't know why. That was a great road trip, a happier time. I would love to make that trip again but as a conference road trip. Punters Pub was a great place to watch some ball.

Anyway, I'm going to be lame and carry that theme forward for a moment. I thought long and hard this afternoon about the predicament we are facing with this conference crap. While I have been all in for uconn since I was a young boy, watching Tate George and the shot with my father, there was a brief moment this afternoon where I thought twice about my commitment to college sports. I did not attend uconn. In fact i think I attended one of the schools that ripped our hearts out this week.

When I remember that unexpectedly chilly day in Ann Arbor, I remember an impossible mass of people singing that fight song. Generations that shared a common bond, good season and bad. It meant more to them. Well, this school means more to me now than it did even a few days ago. Because I know that 15 years from now I will be rooting for uconn as passionately then as I do today - more so probably, thanks to the adversity of the moment. And I'll be doing so in a venue and with an opponent befitting this state and this school. It is inevitable, Yankees persevere. And I'll be doing so with my children, in the same way that my father did with me.

I'm all in, tonight. On to Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog