All In The Family/The Jeffersons Special | The Boneyard

All In The Family/The Jeffersons Special

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Amazing so far.

Once Woody got traction the show took off. The nostalgia is over the top.

Half way through.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Overall an entertaining show followed my an okay Night Line recap.

Jamie Fox was great as George Jefferson. Woody wasn't awful as Archie. Did not yell like Archie so came off as subdued.
Marisa Tomei was solid as Edith.
Wanda Sykes was a good Weezy.
Kerry Washington was great as Helen Willis.
Will Ferrell was okay as Tom. (There could only be one Tom Willis!)
Steven Tobolowski (Ned from Groundhog Day) was off as Bentley. Couldn't nail the British accent.

A fun watch worth searching for on DVR.

Reaction Score
I thought Woody was awful as Archie - he was poorly cast (too fit, too youthful) and his accent was terrible. Made me appreciate how brilliant Carroll O'Connor was in that role - irreplaceable and arguably one of the BEST acting jobs in TV history.
All in The Family: Overall B-, stage play cancelled after 1yr
Edith - Tomei more than solid, i thought great, perfect
Mike - Who? Eh to terrible
Gloria - Kempler was fine, needed a blonde wig

The Jeffersons: A , Predict a ten season run on Broadway
Overall much better as other than his character break/mistake, Fox was perfect mix of camping Sherman Helmsley and just being George Jefferson. An easier task vs Archie as acting from the chair is just so much harder, again degree of difficulty amplifies performance of Carroll O'Connor. Mimic-ing the physical stuff was fun to do and you could enjoy it with him.
Got off to great start as Angela Hudson KILLED on the theme song. Tour de force.
George: JFox was GREAT
Weezy: Wanda Sykes was Great - perfectly matched
Helen Willis: GREAT
Tom Willis: Disappointing, poor casting, Will Ferrell is funny when he loses it, Tom subdued by nature
English dude - who? whatever, not funny, would have been better use of Will Ferrell
FLORENCE - I recognized her immediately despite not having seen her in 30 years (and not even remembering if they had a maid?!), phenomenal highlight of the night along with Fox. You could feel the actors and your own joy as Weezy opened the door to reveal Florence a character we all loved.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom