All in for Colson and Robinson | The Boneyard

All in for Colson and Robinson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm actually kind of glad we didn't get AMA, the more I saw of his recruitment the less I wanted him a Husky. Bonzie Colson may not be much of a pro prospect but I have a feeling he will be a damn good college player and Devin Robinson is a much better prospect than AMA. These things tend to work out for us in the end.

Reaction Score
I think most of us would have been happy to land AMA, but we all tired of the show surrounding his recruitment. If we can land 2 more from our target list (Snider, Larrier, White, Robinson, Colson, or Chatman) we will all be pleased as punch. Not every recruit needs to be 5-star. We need some of those glue guys that will do the dirty work.

Lets line up the next guy and close the deal.

Reaction Score
Agreed - to a point. AMA felt like he was destined to wear Husky blue, and I would've loved him. This one stings quite a bit... Colson, however, can definitely be a strong 4 year player, but I'm a bit worried how he does against polished college big men that have 3-4 inches on him. Robinson, IMO, would be better suited as a 3 right now, but could be a stretch 4 for sure. Abu was half Robinson and half Colson in a way, but I'd love one or both and still think we will be fine.

Reaction Score
Agreed - to a point. AMA felt like he was destined to wear Husky blue, and I would've loved him. This one stings quite a bit... Collin however, can definitely be a strong 4 gear player, but I'm a bit worried how he does against polished college big men that have 3-4 inches on him. Robinson, IMO, would be better suited as a 3 right now, but could be a stretch 4 for sure. Abu was half Robinson and half Colson in a way, but I'd love one or both and still think we will be fine.
Wouldn't worry too much about Colson's game translating to College, the kid has been awesome on the summer circuit against other top forwards. AMA is far from a finished product, he's taller and more athletic than Colson but Colson is definitely more skilled from 12 feet and in than AMA is at this point.

Reaction Score
Agreed - to a point. AMA felt like he was destined to wear Husky blue, and I would've loved him. This one stings quite a bit... Collin however, can definitely be a strong 4 gear player, but I'm a bit worried how he does against polished college big men that have 3-4 inches on him. Robinson, IMO, would be better suited as a 3 right now, but could be a stretch 4 for sure. Abu was half Robinson and half Colson in a way, but I'd love one or both and still think we will be fine.

I don't think you can go by what is written on paper......if you looked at Abu in the video's standing next to some guards and wings, and I've said this many times prior to today, he doesn't look at all any bigger than 6'6" and may even stretch that!

Not at all a bad loss.........

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
What does ALL IN mean? Weren't we fully committed to getting AMA?

Reaction Score
I don't think you can go by what is written on paper......if you looked at Abu in the video's standing next to some guards and wings, and I've said this many times prior to today, he doesn't look at all any bigger than 6'6" and may even stretch that!

Not at all a bad loss.........

I went to Dunkin Donuts the other day for a Box O' Joe and when I ordered the munchkins the first thing that came to mind was Abu playing the 4 at NC State!

Basically I want to thank him for providing some great off season entertainment value. He is a good player nothing great (not to bash the kid since he was never pumped up).

Bring on the stud Mr. Robinson... :) any baggage to screw that up ain't worth it. JMHO

Reaction Score
my concern with Colson is how does he view being a backup option when other schools made him a priority? I know UConn was recruiting him as he already made an unofficial visit but its clear they went all in on AMA and put him on the backburner.

Reaction Score
my concern with Colson is how does he view being a backup option when other schools made him a priority? I know UConn was recruiting him as he already made an unofficial visit but its clear they went all in on AMA and put him on the backburner.

Not everyone can be first choice and I think kids who know that and respect the coaches get it......but you're right we'll see huh? He seems like an underdog type kid though so now if he comes here he can prove he was the BETTER choice all along........

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I've heard the expression, I'm just not sure how to interpret it. We will be ALL IN for Dorsey if we miss on a pg this year. Does that mean, if we miss him we're SOL?

Reaction Score
I think most of us would have been happy to land AMA, but we all tired of the show surrounding his recruitment. If we can land 2 more from our target list (Snider, Larrier, White, Robinson, Colson, or Chatman) we will all be pleased as punch. Not every recruit needs to be 5-star. We need some of those glue guys that will do the dirty work.

Lets line up the next guy and close the deal.

I really think we're down to Robinson, White and Colson at this point. Maybe wait until the spring if there's one more out there that plays well in HS ball.

Reaction Score
I'm actually kind of glad we didn't get AMA, the more I saw of his recruitment the less I wanted him a Husky. Bonzie Colson may not be much of a pro prospect but I have a feeling he will be a damn good college player and Devin Robinson is a much better prospect than AMA. These things tend to work out for us in the end.
Exactly. Which is why I'm not all broken up over this one. I'm not going to sound like sour grapes and say UConn didn't want him, because they obviously did. But UConn will get someone really good and then we'll be comparing the guy they got in 3-4 years to Abu and we'll be saying we got the better of that deal. Emeka after not getting Jamal Sampson or Isaiah Fox, Kemba after not getting Brandon Jennings, Boatright after not getting the guy who went to WVU and then transferred (I can't even remember his name which tells you what he did in college), Napier after missing out on Brandon Knight, Ben Gordon after not getting Daniel Ewing.............. You want me to keep going? Things will work out for UConn. In Ollie we trust.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Which is why I'm not all broken up over this one. I'm not going to sound like sour grapes and say UConn didn't want him, because they obviously did. But UConn will get someone really good and then we'll be comparing the guy they got in 3-4 years to Abu and we'll be saying we got the better of that deal. Emeka after not getting Jamal Sampson or Isaiah Fox.

You mean Ike Diogu.

Reaction Score
I won't go as far to say I didn't want AMA. I definitely wish we had landed him, but I'm seriously glad that the circus is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom