All I want for Christmas.... | The Boneyard

All I want for Christmas....

Reaction Score
Is a consistent, PURE Three point shooter...in the mold of Brian Fair, Albert Mouring, Ray, BG, Neils Giffey..Rashad Anderson..

Am I asking for too much?

Reaction Score
In fairness, Vance Jackson was supposed to be that guy but we all know what happened there. Enoch was expected to mature into a solid post player. If MAL stuck with us, Anderson probably isnt even brought in here. Multiple transfers can really set a program back because the staff is counting on kids to be here 2, 3, or even 4 years.

Given the situation, it felt like KO and staff had to throw a roster together with scotch tape during the off season. Adams, Gilbert, and Larrier are a solid core, but It would be great if somebody else can step up and contribute as the season goes on.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I think we'll be just fine from three come January, although not Ray or Rashad levels

I think it took Neils a few years before he became GREAT from three

Reaction Score
I think we'll be just fine from three come January, although not Ray or Rashad levels

I think it took Neils a few years before he became GREAT from three
Napier as well.

I wish we lived in a world where we had a good sense that Larrier, Adams, and Gilbert would all be together for another year. As it is Larrier is likely gone and Adams will be on the fence.

Reaction Score
Sadly, gifts under this year's tree are not eligible to play this season. Unwrapping Emmitt Matthews or Sid Wilson may find you your shooter starting next year.

Once the D is learned, and it looks like they are learning, there will be time to have set plays. Niels Giffey proved that being set square to the hoop and only taking good shots is part of being a high percentage shooter. Given time to shoot, I think there are 5 who can shoot 3s - Larrier, Adams, Gilbert, Vital and maybe Polley, in that approximate order.

Asking for another Ray Allen in your life time IS asking for a lot. Great if you can get one though, we all know who Davidson fans pray for a second coming of each season.

Reaction Score
Sadly, gifts under this year's tree are not eligible to play this season. Unwrapping Emmitt Matthews or Sid Wilson may find you your shooter starting next year.

Once the D is learned, and it looks like they are learning, there will be time to have set plays. Niels Giffey proved that being set square to the hoop and only taking good shots is part of being a high percentage shooter. Given time to shoot, I think there are 5 who can shoot 3s - Larrier, Adams, Gilbert, Vital and maybe Polley, in that approximate order.

Asking for another Ray Allen in your life time IS asking for a lot. Great if you can get one though, we all know who Davidson fans pray for a second coming of each season.
Sid Wilson isn't a shooter and I like Matthews upside from the little I've seen but it's two more sting beans coming in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom