All Bench Team | The Boneyard

All Bench Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Since we're doing just about every kind of hypothetical team, I figured I'd start a thread about our favorite benchwarmers - guys who didn't get big minutes but you just kind of liked having around. Here's my non-starting 5:

PG: Rob Garrison
SG: Mike LeBlanc
SF: Shamon Tooles (More of a power forward I suppose, but I'll put him at the 3. This lineup won't be torching anyone regardless)
PF: Ruslan Inyatkin
C: Boo Willingham

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
PG - Rob Garrison
SG - Antonio Kellogg
SF - Ben Eaves
PF - Ruslan Inyatkin
C - Jonathan Mandeldove

Reaction Score
PG antonio Kellogg

Always got the feeling he was hanging onto sanity by a thread. Played like it.

SG ???? Blanking...

SF Monquencio Hardnett

For his name.

PF eric Hayward

Always seemed to contribute, rugged.

C antric Klaiber

For his high socks, and his'99 champ game you appearance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The Hoya Annoya, John Gwynn

Reaction Score
Since we're doing just about every kind of hypothetical team, I figured I'd start a thread about our favorite benchwarmers - guys who didn't get big minutes but you just kind of liked having around. Here's my non-starting 5:

PG: Rob Garrison
SG: Mike LeBlanc
SF: Shamon Tooles (More of a power forward I suppose, but I'll put him at the 3. This lineup won't be torching anyone regardless)
PF: Ruslan Inyatkin
C: Boo Willingham

Good list. These are guys buried deep:

EJ Harrison (played in the '99 'ship)
Marcus Thomas (the guy seemed to love being a Husky and a two point guard lineup works, right?;))
Tooles (or should I say Toolez)
Steve Emt (became paralyzed-very inspirational)
Boo (name, and he was a fan favorite; I remember a game in '94, where he had an exclamation point dunk in garbage time, and he and the fans loved it)

All Sixth Man:

John Gwynn, Toraino Walker, Rashad Anderson, Brian Fair, Rashamel Jones, Craig Austrie, Rudy Johnson, Mike Hayes, Marcus White, Q.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
pg: Craig Austrie
sg: John Gwynn
sf: Lyman Depriest
pf: Marcus White
c: Souleyamane Wane/Chuck O.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Oh god I'm sorry I thought this was a trashy team list. In that case, no I hated Dove and Kellogg.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
PG - EJ Harrison
PG - Ace Wantanasuparp

SG - Scott Haralson

SF - Ater Majok

Pick 'em
PF - Shamon Tooles or Rashamel Jones

Who else?
C - Justin Brown

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
What about Chadwizer

Reaction Score
<-------------------------------------
Lyman was a winner. He made things happen. He was his times Marcus White - the guy just always seemed to get the absolute most out of his talent. I loved Lyman. Loved his drive and heart and on-court dedication. Can't teach this.

Reaction Score
Sami Ameziane and Ryan Thompson need to be on that list.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Lyman was a winner. He made things happen. He was his times Marcus White - the guy just always seemed to get the absolute most out of his talent. I loved Lyman. Loved his drive and heart and on-court dedication. Can't teach this.

Lyman was the best. He was JC's first recruit. I can't remember the exact game but I remember his quote when he played a key role in a win after not playing the previous game, was he discouraged when he didn't play? - "Nah, I knew Coach would get back to me." He shut down C's and PG's and everyone in between. He also designed the T-Shirt for the Manchester Road Race. They still use the logo he designed.

2010_manchester-road-race-12.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
our original lockdown defender

Reaction Score
To get technical, the best bench player ever was actually Ray Allen. For a short while anyway, then maybe Kemba, and then Marcus Williams, and then.........

Poe

Reaction Score
I think the original post was referring to guys that never really played; therefore, players like Craig Austrie, Albert Mouring, Rash Jones, Wane, etc. can't be included since they all did get a lot of playing time at some point in their careers.

Reaction Score
I am saddened at the lack of support for Marc Suhr, the first to open the German pipleine to Storrs :eek:

Reaction Score
I asked Duffy for an all time people's champion list. Need to have Ace Wantansuparp, Sami, Ed Nelson.

Reaction Score

Forgot Lyman. Husky Gods, please have mercy!

Reaction Score
To get technical, the best bench player ever was actually Ray Allen. For a short while anyway, then maybe Kemba, and then Marcus Williams, and then.........

If we're gonna go down that road, Ray, Kemba, Ben, Ricky

Reaction Score
I think the original post was referring to guys that never really played; therefore, players like Craig Austrie, Albert Mouring, Rash Jones, Wane, etc. can't be included since they all did get a lot of playing time at some point in their careers.

You're correct, that was the intention of the original post. He wrote all bench team, but didn't specify how deep on the bench. However, in my post on the first page, I added my sixth man team.

Reaction Score
Is it just me, or have we not been blowing teams out as much as we used to? I don't remember anything about our walk-ons or 12th men from the last 3-4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom