all around | Page 3 | The Boneyard

all around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Um, nice try. I was the one who had to point out to you we beat UCF. But in your failed analysis, we would not have the talent to beat UCF because our record was so bad and we lost our good players.
You want simple? Admit you are wrong and stop twisting and changing your narrative.

Yes. YOu had to point out to me that we beat UCF. Because it's not like I didn't sit outside through the whole game and share my opinions on it.

Reaction Score
I can't believe people get caught up in the blame game of Pasqualoni vs Diaco vs the players.

WHO CARES?

We lost. To Army. These losses, every new one, are devastating to this program from a perception standpoint.

I simply don't feel coaches and players, PAST AND PRESENT, are doing all they possibly can at this crucial time to prevent them.

This is not the old Big East. We are not playing WVU, Louisville, BC, Pitt, etc. We played Army. Army. 2 weeks after playing ECU tough at their place and beating UCF. Kind of hard to argue the cupboard is that bare that we couldn't get the job done. That should have been a win yesterday. Blame PP. Blame Diaco. Blame the players. Place it wherever you want. Last night should have been a win.

Reaction Score
Is it the coaches fault that when Foxx came in at QB their corners could get off blocks and our corners couldn't get off blocks all day? We looked totally unprepared to defend the option, but I don't know how much of that was coaching and how much of that was playing. And unless you were in the practices discussing schemes this week, neither did you.
Yes. HCBD is coaching a group of defensive players with about equal talent as Army defenders and you noted the results above, nothing more to be said - it is coaching. Fox in, army has defenders covering width of field; Army has ball, UConn has 2 deep safeties, does not penetrate to disrupt QB and is always out numbered at point of attack - is defensive scheme.
This is astoundingly bad coaching. You are saying that Army guys got off blocks and UConn guys couldn't because of talent? Nooooo, its scheme where at point of attack the defender has buddies to help out number blockers and assist in tackles where UConn was constantly outnumbered at the point of attack. You attack option plays or are on your heals and get beat.
You don't need to be at practice to know it was bad coaching, just look at where players were for UConn on each play to start and then as play progressed. Tackle the damn QB so other players can concentrate on pitch option.

Reaction Score
True, the forward pass was why Army was able to carve up our defense and win the game.
Good point since Army is one of the best teams in college football. They suck and now UConn sucks worse. The game they play is not at all like the PAC 12 or the Big 12 or SEC.

Reaction Score
I was in Section 111 row 2 yelling and screaming all night. Still here actually. I give the fans an A. We come into this game at 2-6 and we had much more of a presence then Army did. When there was a third down we were loud, they were not!

We were in section 203 and our group was terrific and cheered loudly until the bitter end. I was actually impressed with the crowd that shlept into the Bronx to watch a team with a 2-6 record. Hopefully we can recover from what was aterribly disappointing loss.

PWS

Reaction Score
In the parlance of the Internet ... before we were FBS, this was a WTF win followed by a WTF loss. And it was entirely predictable.

Yale? Or Weist?

Remember when Edsall - with a far more in-place culture and system got his butt whipped by Navy? ARMY used this triple option and does it well. It takes lots of repetitions and maybe a few years of playing this type of Program (maybe Yale has seen this a few times) to have a defense - even with experienced D1 guys - to play it well. And then ... Edsall won the next year.

We aren't WORSE than Yale. We simply didn't effectively stop this Army offense on one afternoon in 2014. I don't think Weist would have done any better with Hank Hughes.

The true test of Diaco is coming & it is over time - deal with it. Bunch of whiners.

One correction on this. We got hammered by Navy 41-17 in 2006 & Edsall cancelled the Series. He had seen enough of the Triple option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom